Cassell Hills Golf Course in Vandalia

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

YoteHuntr

Cassell Hills Golf Course in Vandalia

Post by YoteHuntr »

This past Thursday, I played my first round of golf of the year at Cassell Hills in Vandalia. I was armed, as I always am. I played there once before and that was last year. When I checked in to the clubhouse, I didn't see any gunbuster sign so, I payed my green fee and played my round. Upon completing my round, I headed to the clubhouse restroom before the drive home and, lo and behold, I saw GB signs on the snack bar/restaurant doors of the clubhouse. I checked the pro shop door thoroughly and there was no GB sign on or near it.

So the question is; Is the clubhouse prohibited all except for the pro shop? It was very confusing. And, no, I didn't ask anyone there about it. I had just walked 18 holes and didn't feel up to a long conversation. I just wanted to get home.

However it ends up, that was probably my last round at Cassell Hills. If they don't support my rights, I won't support their golf course. It's a shame too. I like the course and would play there many times a season. Not now.
U.S.A.F. Retired (1974-1998)
NRA Endowment Life Member
OFCC Member
USCCA Member
Handloader 34 years
EDC Gun: Ruger LC9s, SR9c and/or LCP

TJW815

Re: Cassell Hills Golf Course in Vandalia

Post by TJW815 »

Are you sure you were not seeing the standard liquor control board sign?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

TJW815 wrote:Are you sure you were not seeing the standard liquor control board sign?
That's EXACTLY what came to my mind when I read his post!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

You mean this one?

http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Liquor_Sign_Myth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MyWifeSaidYes
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Cassel Hills is owned and operated by the city of Vandalia so my guess is the buildings that are not shelters or restrooms are CPZs because as far as I can tell from the City's website the employees are government employees. (there is a link for job postings)

So looks like it is a good thing you did not inquire.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Delete.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
YoteHuntr

Post by YoteHuntr »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:You mean this one?

http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Liquor_Sign_Myth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No. It definitely wasn't that sign. There was the standard picture of a handgun with the red circle and diagonal line through it. I guess I'm going to have to go back and play another round and look at it closer. I'll take some pics and post them after.

Thanks for all the replies.
U.S.A.F. Retired (1974-1998)
NRA Endowment Life Member
OFCC Member
USCCA Member
Handloader 34 years
EDC Gun: Ruger LC9s, SR9c and/or LCP

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

YoteHuntr wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:You mean this one?

No. It definitely wasn't that sign. There was the standard picture of a handgun with the red circle and diagonal line through it. I guess I'm going to have to go back and play another round and look at it closer. I'll take some pics and post them after.

Thanks for all the replies.

You did see my post, the city owns and runs the course. Any buildings on the course that are not used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility are statutory government facility CPZs. Sign or no sign, if you are found to be carrying in those buildings you could be charged with a felony.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.