Encountered This Sign At The Local Goodwill

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

run71324

Encountered This Sign At The Local Goodwill

Post by run71324 »

I've never noticed it before. By the looks of it, it looks like it's been there for a number of years. Usually I don't look at signs unless they are about eye level.

With the way this sign is worded, would open carry be legal?

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Encountered This Sign At The Local Goodwill

Post by WY_Not »

Right up to the point where they freak out at the sight of an inert piece of metal and tell you to leave.
run71324 wrote:I've never noticed it before. By the looks of it, it looks like it's been there for a number of years. Usually I don't look at signs unless they are about eye level.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

When you try OC let us know how it goes... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I almost opened carry at a McDonald's yesterday that prohibited concealed carry on a sign that was just printed words, no pictures. I had trouble seeing the sign with all the other information on the doors. I didn't OC that time.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

That sign looks like part of a group? With one removed?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

I certainly dislike the no guns sign, but there was something else that caught my eye that made me chuckle.

Below the no smoking sign, there is a discarded cigarette butt.

Maybe you should discard some spent casings in that same manner? :shock:

Not brass... just the cheap Blazer aluminum ones or the Tula steel.

:lol:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Stryker74 wrote:I certainly dislike the no guns sign, but there was something else that caught my eye that made me chuckle.

Below the no smoking sign, there is a discarded cigarette butt.

Maybe you should discard some spent casings in that same manner? :shock:

Not brass... just the cheap Blazer aluminum ones or the Tula steel.
I love it! I'll have to swing past my local Goodwill with a handfull of spent cartridges - I don't have any Blazer aluminum, but maybe I can find some steel 7.62x39 cases - but if nothing else I know I've got a bunch of spent .22 cases. :twisted:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I pondered the same thing at the local Verizon store. I think I listed it on this very forum.. http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=75814
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

carmen fovozzo wrote:When you try OC let us know how it goes... :wink:
Priceless.. ' Just following orders.'
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

run71324 wrote:I've never noticed it before. By the looks of it, it looks like it's been there for a number of years. Usually I don't look at signs unless they are about eye level.

I ran into the same type of sign at a TGIF while I was OCing one evening. After being seated by the hostess, the manager quickly appeared at our table.
He started babbling about how I wasn't allowed to carry because of the sign on the door. I got up and took him back to the door. I asked him to read the sign out loud to me; he did. I then asked him if my firearm appeared to be concealed in any way; he said it was not.
I told him I considered the matter settled and returned to my table to continue my oinkfest. Have been back numerous times since then with no problem.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
snikt01

Post by snikt01 »

[/quote]I ran into the same type of sign at a TGIF while I was OCing one evening. After being seated by the hostess, the manager quickly appeared at our table.
He started babbling about how I wasn't allowed to carry because of the sign on the door. I got up and took him back to the door. I asked him to read the sign out loud to me; he did. I then asked him if my firearm appeared to be concealed in any way; he said it was not.
I told him I considered the matter settled and returned to my table to continue my oinkfest. Have been back numerous times since then with no problem.[/quote]

Fantastic. You must need a dump truck to carry those around.
A nation under a well regulated government, should permit none to remain uninstructed. It is monarchical and aristocratical government only that requires ignorance for its support.
--Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1792

"Reasonable" would be wiping every firearms-related law off the books and not hanging them all for treason.
--Jabeatty
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

snikt01 wrote:
CroManGun wrote:I ran into the same type of sign at a TGIF while I was OCing one evening. After being seated by the hostess, the manager quickly appeared at our table.
I told him I considered the matter settled and returned to my table to continue my oinkfest. Have been back numerous times since then with no problem.
Fantastic. You must need a dump truck to carry those around.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB