Abuelos in Deerfield Commons - Cincinnati

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrDanner

Abuelos in Deerfield Commons - Cincinnati

Post by MrDanner »

I visited there last weekend on a date with my wife and looked for a sign as I was walking in and didn't see one. While waiting for a table, I went to the bathroom and when I was washing my hands, I must have printed because another patron told me that they banned guns there. I told him I didn't see a sign when I walked in, but he assured me it was there. He's carried for years and knew this, so left his in the car.

See if you can find it.

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Abuelos in Deerfield Commons - Cincinnati

Post by sd790 »

Carry on...and be safe.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Yeah, no way I'd have seen that on my way in. To me, that fails the "conspicuous location" test.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Actually it is right there at the bottom of the rest of the signage? Or is that the required "No Smoking" sign that the idiots of this state added to the Constitution. Can't tell in the pic. You can see it against the planter.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Wow. Stealth signage as shown tells me they are trying to play both sides. Any complaints from the anti-gun crowd and they can say they ban. No complaints from 99 percent of CHL holders because any normal person would not see the signage.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
MrDanner

Post by MrDanner »

Well, we left to go somewhere else once that sign was discovered. Even once I knew there was a sign, it still took me a moment looking to find a clear sticker in the bottom left corner of the entrance.

To be clear, no staff said anything to me, only another patron. And he only saw my print because he's been carrying for many years and knew what it was when he saw the little bump under my shirt while I was bending over washing my hands.

I was getting things together to send the restaurant manager a copy of the receipt for where we went instead, along with the CPZ Business Owner letter on this forum. Should I not even bring it up since the sign in so inconspicuous?
MrDanner

Post by MrDanner »

WY_Not wrote:Actually it is right there at the bottom of the rest of the signage? Or is that the required "No Smoking" sign that the idiots of this state added to the Constitution. Can't tell in the pic. You can see it against the planter.
Yep, bottom left corner. That's the only way I did see it, because of the contract against the planter, and I still had to look hard to find it.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

MrDanner wrote:...
I was getting things together to send the restaurant manager a copy of the receipt for where we went instead, along with the CPZ Business Owner letter on this forum. Should I not even bring it up since the sign in so inconspicuous?
The place is already posted, so you'll do no damage by letting them know your feelings. The worst thing they can do at this point is make their sign MORE conspicuous, but that would only require taping a piece of paper behind their signage so it's readable.

Let the manager know how much you spent elsewhere AND how often you eat out, AND how many people you will be advising to dine elsewhere.

Just DON'T tell him that the sign was hard to see.

:D
MyWifeSaidYes
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

It's easier to see in daylight, and if we hadn't already had plans I'd have moved the group elsewhere, but...

< sour grapes >
The food was just , eh.
< /sour grapes >
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

They are all posted. I complained and it didn't register any response...the food is average.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Not sure I'd call it inconspicuous. It isn't glaring but it is right there with the other signage. Only reason I was unsure of it is the picture. RL wouldn't be so pixelated.

One thing I'm not seeing is the asinine, mandatory no smoking sign with the tattletale number. Because heaven forbid a private business be allowed to decide how to run their own business.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

WY_Not wrote:One thing I'm not seeing is the asinine, mandatory no smoking sign with the tattletale number. Because heaven forbid a private business be allowed to decide how to run their own business.
So call the tattletale number and report them for not being in compliance!