toys r us

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soberbiker

toys r us

Post by soberbiker »

Took my son to toys r us today to spend some gift cards he got for christmas this year. Got the car parked and locked my gun in the glove box and headed in. I've seen the gun buster signs there before so I knew I couldn't carry. However when walking in I didn't see it. Has their policy changed perhaps???

This was the elyria location.
TJW815

Re: toys r us

Post by TJW815 »

From my dealings it is a corporate policy that extends to the "Babies R' Us" locations as well. I would assume that the sign will be back up shortly. In the meantime I wouldn't ask any employees about it.
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

I know better than to ask. I wouldn't expect to get a thought out answer from most of the employees anyways. It may have moved or been covered up with a holiday sale something or another. Just didn't notice right on the door like last time I was there.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

No sign? Carry on.
MyWifeSaidYes
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:No sign? Carry on.

Exactly.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

I've been to the North Olmstead Toys 'R Us before although it's been a while and it was posted. Went to the Parma store last week and there was no sign.
“I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.” - Barack Obama, Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004
run71324

Post by run71324 »

The wife and I went to the one by the Dayton Mall for Christmas shopping and I almost missed the signage on their door.

It was in the bottom left. If I remember right it was a clear sticker with white lettering.

I hate having to look for those damn things, even if they are on the door when you walk in.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

run71324 wrote:The wife and I went to the one by the Dayton Mall for Christmas shopping and I almost missed the signage on their door.

It was in the bottom left. If I remember right it was a clear sticker with white lettering.

I hate having to look for those damn things, even if they are on the door when you walk in.
I don't look very hard. If they are serious, they will make it truly conspicuous.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
run71324

Post by run71324 »

fyrfytr310 wrote:
I don't look very hard. If they are serious, they will make it truly conspicuous.
I did feel kind of dumb standing in front of the door looking for the sign.
polska8778

Post by polska8778 »

soberbiker wrote:Took my son to toys r us today to spend some gift cards he got for christmas this year. Got the car parked and locked my gun in the glove box and headed in. I've seen the gun buster signs there before so I knew I couldn't carry. However when walking in I didn't see it. Has their policy changed perhaps???

This was the elyria location.
In previous correspondence with corporate, they made their position clear that they are anti-gun. Unless that has changed (doubt it), I'd avoid patronizing them sign or no sign.
phoneguy wrote:I've been to the North Olmstead Toys 'R Us before although it's been a while and it was posted. Went to the Parma store last week and there was no sign.
The manager over at the North Olmsted location (if he's still working there) is an idiot and completely in the anti camp. When questioned about the sign he said something along the lines of wanting to shoot the people that want to carry guns.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

So sad its funny...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

As much as I would prefer not to shop there my son had gift cards and wanted to spend them. If it were me shopping I would have gone elsewhere.
phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

soberbiker wrote:As much as I would prefer not to shop there my son had gift cards and wanted to spend them. If it were me shopping I would have gone elsewhere.
I agree my 3 yr old grandson just wouldn't understand. Maybe when he's older :shock:
“I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.” - Barack Obama, Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

soberbiker wrote:As much as I would prefer not to shop there my son had gift cards and wanted to spend them. If it were me shopping I would have gone elsewhere.
If you've got a gift card the money is already in the merchant's pocket. You may as well hold your nose and get something of value for them. Otherwise it's pure profit.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

I'm surprised Toys-R-Us hasn't discontinued they're cap guns by now……. Or have they?? :lol:
God made man, Colt made them equal