Marcus cinema. Pickerington.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jagr

Marcus cinema. Pickerington.

Post by jagr »

A friend told me he couldn't find info regarding allowing carry at Marcus in Pickerington so he called and asked.
His report from said call:
I called Marcus cinema in pickerington.
It is allowed as long as you ask for a manager and they check that you have ccw card before entering.

I told him that was BS and to elsewhere.
BobK

Re: Marcus cinema. Pickerington.

Post by BobK »

Calling ahead is generally a bad move. It has been discussed here at length. In fact, it is a sticky:

***DON'T CALL AHEAD!*** (Required reading)
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Neither Marcus theater in the Columbus area is posted. That is one reason I go there - even though there are at least 5 other theaters closer to me. (The other reason is that they have Diet Mt. Dew instead of just diet Pepsi or diet Coke.)

Don't ask, don't tell bro - if there is not a sign, then carry on.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

No way I am going to paint a big target on my back by asking for the manager and showing my CHL either.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

For this and many reasons, I will admit to having a CCW, but I NEVER discuss whether or not I am carrying with anybody other than a LEO I am required by law to inform. The only time anyone else finds out is if I am forced to use it. BTW, as soon as I am done using it, it gets put away. No Secret Service cameos.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

BobK wrote:Calling ahead is generally a bad move. It has been discussed here at length. In fact, it is a sticky:

***DON'T CALL AHEAD!*** (Required reading)

Please tell your buddy to never ever call ahead and ask. It could very well change a unposted place to a posted one.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Considering the number of places I go if I had a policy of always calling ahead I'd never have time to go anywhere.
docachna

Post by docachna »

djthomas wrote:Considering the number of places I go if I had a policy of always calling ahead I'd never have time to go anywhere.
What he said....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
bernie.45

Post by bernie.45 »

DON "T CALL AHEAD! Marcus s theatres has good pop,good food,and if you are not carrying and not driving the one in columbus has a lovely bar ( reminds me of a hotel bar) big screen tv which plays all the football games the popcorn is ok, but thats alright because the seats are 1st class.................
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

bernie.45 wrote:DON "T CALL AHEAD! Marcus s theatres has good pop,good food,and if you are not carrying and not driving the one in columbus has a lovely bar ( reminds me of a hotel bar) big screen tv which plays all the football games the popcorn is ok, but thats alright because the seats are 1st class.................
So the ones that sell beer/drinks ARE posted?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

gaptrick wrote:
bernie.45 wrote:DON "T CALL AHEAD! Marcus s theatres has good pop,good food,and if you are not carrying and not driving the one in columbus has a lovely bar ( reminds me of a hotel bar) big screen tv which plays all the football games the popcorn is ok, but thats alright because the seats are 1st class.................
So the ones that sell beer/drinks ARE posted?
Nope, but it is a class D establishment. So, no consumption while armed.

At least the one on the north side of Columbus (with a bar) was not posted a little over a week ago.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

The one in Pickerington has a sign saying that a bar is coming soon. My wife is looking forward to this.