(Cincinnati) Findlay Market revisited

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

(Cincinnati) Findlay Market revisited

Post by Brian D. »

We've discussed this place before. Typical urban historical indoor/outdoor agricultural market. Financially propped up by Cincinnati if not outright, completely owned by them. During open hours there are almost always municipal sanitation/service workers on site, fixing stuff and sweeping.

Only reason I mention the place is their most recent signage, placed at every entrance to the main building:

"No Pets
No Handguns
No Smoking
To report any violations call 866-...."

(I don't remember the rest of the phone number.)

I found the language humorous, and rather stupid considering the city has several full time employees in the Solicitor's office. Not just the "No handguns" part, either, that one is just too easy for us to joke about. Certainly they don't mean to prohibit service animals from entering along with their owners, nowadays you nearly always see that proviso attached to any 'No pets' signage. And adding insult to injury, no part of the signage was also posted in Braille. Or another language besides English, now that I muse even further, lots of local folks who weren't born in the U.S. tend to shop there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djthomas

Re: (Cincinnati) Findlay Market revisited

Post by djthomas »

There's a sign on most Targets that always gives me a chuckle. It says simply "Only Service Animals permitted." I know what the intent is, but to me it implies that no people are allowed in the store.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

"No handguns."

Got it.

Shall I carry my AR in 300BLK or just my trusty old 12-gauge?

:twisted:

And, if I have to use one of those for a valid self-defense reason, will I get in trouble for smoking?

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
audiovizwiz

Post by audiovizwiz »

They only say no handguns on the doors, but they do not explicitly post the required signage according to the Ohio Revised Code 2923.1212 stating the following "Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises." Does this mean it is more of a suggestion in accordance with the law?