My church just canceld carry privledges

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: My church just canceld carry privledges

Post by evan price »

Tweed Ring wrote:There is/was a pro-carry brick and mortar church in Morrow County, the name escapes me, they had a pro-carry sign outside the building.
That would be Marengo Christian Church, located on SR-229 just West of SR-61 on the south side of the road. They post on their billboard from time to time advertising CCW classes to be taught at the church.
The next-door neighbor got so righteously indignant about that CCW class that they bought their own billboard and for the past few years have been putting up messages condemning the church:
"No God only Guns at that church""
"Churches should be about God not Guns"
"Churches should be Good neighbors not Gun nuts"
"Jesus would be ashamed of Guns in your church"
"Looking for God? Only Guns there"
etc.

He stopped doing it this summer, but then the church put up another CCW notice and he started up again.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Choice and free speech - wonderful things.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

There only wonderful if they are for the good of something...not hate and greed..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:There only wonderful if they are for the good of something...not hate and greed..

Nothing wrong with hate nor greed. In and of themselves, hate and greed are not illegal, are they? In part, St. Tammany of the Bad Shepherd was built on hate and greed.

Now, if this little country church wants to attract gun owners and sportsmen to their services, good for them. If their neighbor desires to peacefully protest said gun owners and sportsmen, then good for him as well.

My philosophy about gun in churches mirrors my position as to employees possessing guns on the employer's property - people in charge make the yes or no decision.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Tweed Ring wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:There only wonderful if they are for the good of something...not hate and greed..

Nothing wrong with hate nor greed. In and of themselves, hate and greed are not illegal, are they? In part, St. Tammany of the Bad Shepherd was built on hate and greed.

Now, if this little country church wants to attract gun owners and sportsmen to their services, good for them. If their neighbor desires to peacefully protest said gun owners and sportsmen, then good for him as well.

My philosophy about gun in churches mirrors my position as to employees possessing guns on the employer's property - people in charge make the yes or no decision.
I beg to differ, people that give the money make the decisions in church. It isn't supposed to be that way but surprisingly when the funds dry up they suddenly have a change of heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Back when I pushed the issue with my church, ( two out of the five Deacons were somewhat hesitant in ok'ing it), I was nominated for a trustee's position and when it was time to vote for the trustees, I had a private talk with the pastor stating that carrying in church would have to be permitted, before I'd take the position and if I (and others), were denied the right to carry, I would be leaving the church.....saying it politely but firmly. I wonder sometimes if that conversation was ever brought up at one of the Deacon meetings

I'm fairly active in this church and I was teaching a sunday school class at the time!
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

My wife and I are likely going to be moving in the next year so whether they relent on this or not I will continue to be a thorn in the backside of the elders on this until we do make a change. Their loss, we were very active and worker bees in that church our tithe was significant and we know once we leave the loss of that will become apparent. No one knows who tithes or how much except the financial secretary and I sleep with her every night. :wink: She will let them know when we leave that decisions have consequences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

PGWP:

I hope your spouse or S/O has signed off on your sleeping with the Church bookkeeper.... :D

Seriously, more than one member, even if he/she is at the top of the pile, is going to have to bolt before some of these "boards" will get the hint, if ever.

Some of them need an anvil to hit 'em on the head, too....

Don't give up, but as long as you're moving, some shopping around is in order, I suppose, if possible.

'Course, if you're moving too far to do that, it's another story. My wife doesn't understand why I stay away. We're not moving, but I think Cleveland or Akron may be the only places I'd find a CC-friendly Synagogue, if there....

(I'm meeting with the Board President and the Rabbi RSN. Might help.)

We've really got to get this off the Felony list so "don't ask, don't tell" might work....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Prosecutor: No charges in church disturbance death

Carr, the Floor Walker, notes this is an example of why people should consider being armed.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Prose ... 970684.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

evan price wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:There is/was a pro-carry brick and mortar church in Morrow County, the name escapes me, they had a pro-carry sign outside the building.
That would be Marengo Christian Church, located on SR-229 just West of SR-61 on the south side of the road. They post on their billboard from time to time advertising CCW classes to be taught at the church.
The next-door neighbor got so righteously indignant about that CCW class that they bought their own billboard and for the past few years have been putting up messages condemning the church:
"No God only Guns at that church""
"Churches should be about God not Guns"
"Churches should be Good neighbors not Gun nuts"
"Jesus would be ashamed of Guns in your church"
"Looking for God? Only Guns there"
etc.

He stopped doing it this summer, but then the church put up another CCW notice and he started up again.
Is the neighbor another church, business, or homeowner. Please tell me it is not another church.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Tweed Ring wrote:Prosecutor: No charges in church disturbance death

Carr, the Floor Walker, notes this is an example of why people should consider being armed.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Prose ... 970684.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Add a member not authorized using their gun to stop this person and perhaps we aren't looking at the same result of no charges. Surprising how a gun use where not sanctioned can sticky the wicket. I prefer we change the law and make churches post.
Life Member NRA
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

The idea change would be make them post then it be a misdemeanor just like any other private owned business... What happened to keeping church and state separate?... Oh yeah, that's only for other reasons... Double standard hypocrites..
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson