Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby wls » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Just left Kenwood and the main door by Arhaus was not posted. Looked over every door at that entrance and nothing.
wls
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:57 pm
Location: N Cincinnati

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby 147Doc » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Following the post by wls I did a flying inspection of all the public entrances (did not include the ones directly into stores such as Macy's, Nordstorm, etc).

As noted by wls, the door nearest Arhaus is lacking a sign, as is the door JSD and I use... which is a change for the good.

I will be happy to share the details if anyone wants to PM me.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: NE Cincinnati Metro Area

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby BeltFedWeapon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:15 pm

As a note, just after Christmas, I visited the mall two times. Once going through Macy's..not posted. Main door by Cheesecake factory also not posted.
BeltFedWeapon
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:31 am
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby Brian D. » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:46 pm

I've developed a strong hunch thsat it's the jewely store tenants who yell the loudest in favor of the "gunbuster" signage.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 15180
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby MyWifeSaidYes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Brian D. wrote:I've developed a strong hunch thsat it's the jewely store tenants who yell the loudest in favor of the "gunbuster" signage.


And THAT may be a tool to add to our bag of tricks when dealing with other posted malls. Bring up the issue with the jewelry stores. :)
MyWifeSaidYes
User avatar
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 5440
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby MrDanner » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Well, it's official now. The Kenwood Mall entrance by Red Robin has a glaring gun buster sign. I wonder what happened because they weren't posted anywhere a few weeks ago.
MrDanner
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby 147Doc » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:17 am

Yeah, it'd be nice if one of us knew someone in their corporate structure so an "off the books" inquiry could be made.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: NE Cincinnati Metro Area

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby JediSkipdogg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:35 pm

I drove by today and can confirm the following mall entrances are posted....

Cheesecake Factory
Same side but down by Nordstrom
Red Robin
North Face

They are the most simplest form, a gun with a slash circle over it, no wording. I'll see if I can dig anything up but my guess is the number of gun calls they have had there over the past year just finally drew the last straw for security and them.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
User avatar
JediSkipdogg
 
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Batavia

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby MrDanner » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah, it stinks. I was used to it not being posted so I had to go back to my car and leave my handgun. Too bad there isn't a non-mall Lego store.
MrDanner
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby JediSkipdogg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:37 pm

I found the general manager for the mall's email address. I'm just trying to figure out how to word it because I know they are going to jump on the "it was always posted in the rules of the mall" bandwagon.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
User avatar
JediSkipdogg
 
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Batavia

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby muxtech » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Martial arts training is more time consuming than concealed carry, but at least I'm not subject to all the legal machinations as a result of it. I never have to notify a LEO that I'm a purple belt. I'm not comparing it's effectiveness, just stating its' relative lack of day to day complications. There is nowhere that I cannot take what I have learned thus far. I can go through a courthouse metal detector with 2 beers in me and not get arrested. I was particularly aware on my recent flight to Florida that it's good to be a martial artist. Guns are great...where and when you are allowed to have them.
The British are going! The British are going!
User avatar
muxtech
 
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Lorain

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby MrDanner » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 pm

I was just at Tri-County mall a short time ago and believe it or not, it's not posted there. Wasn't the most pleasant experience overall, but at least I could cc.
MrDanner
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby welshj » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:22 pm

JediSkipdogg wrote:I found the general manager for the mall's email address. I'm just trying to figure out how to word it because I know they are going to jump on the "it was always posted in the rules of the mall" bandwagon.


Ideas that come to mind- mebbe they'll get you thinking?

Do the rules of the mall trump the laws of the state?
Are the rules of the mall a "legal" notification sign?
What does "firearms and other illegal weapons" mean? my gun is legal and I'm legally licensed to carry it. That's ok right?
The law requires posted notification on the exterior entrance- so how can the mall rules posted inside legally fit this requirement?
Understanding the intent of the mall rules are based on/or for younger, more violence prone people- can there be no change for law abiding, CHL holding adults? gander mountain, cabela's and others actually have signage excepting legal concealed carry. (all other weapons brought in for exchange or repair must be checked in at a service desk.)
How much money would you think I would spend annually were I be able to carry my weapon according to state laws- like I do at ""? (walmart, kmart...)
How effective have other malls really been with their no weapon policies? recent shootings... etc.
"Tropic lightning!" - '00 to '02
User avatar
welshj
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: wauseon

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby JustaShooter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

welshj wrote:The law requires posted notification on the exterior entrance

No, it doesn't. Ohio law simply requires that the sign be posted in a conspicuous location. That can be inside the entrance, on the exterior of the entrance, on a sign post outside of the entrance, on the back of the cash register visible from the "wait to be seated sign, wherever - it just needs to be in a conspicuous location.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Postby JediSkipdogg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:19 pm

welshj wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:I found the general manager for the mall's email address. I'm just trying to figure out how to word it because I know they are going to jump on the "it was always posted in the rules of the mall" bandwagon.


Ideas that come to mind- mebbe they'll get you thinking?

Do the rules of the mall trump the laws of the state?
Are the rules of the mall a "legal" notification sign?
What does "firearms and other illegal weapons" mean? my gun is legal and I'm legally licensed to carry it. That's ok right?
The law requires posted notification on the exterior entrance- so how can the mall rules posted inside legally fit this requirement?
Understanding the intent of the mall rules are based on/or for younger, more violence prone people- can there be no change for law abiding, CHL holding adults? gander mountain, cabela's and others actually have signage excepting legal concealed carry. (all other weapons brought in for exchange or repair must be checked in at a service desk.)
How much money would you think I would spend annually were I be able to carry my weapon according to state laws- like I do at ""? (walmart, kmart...)
How effective have other malls really been with their no weapon policies? recent shootings... etc.


The problem is they may just fire back with "we were always posted but were notified of our error and are now properly posted." I obviously have counter points to other arguments they may bring up but nothing if they mention that they were always posted.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
User avatar
JediSkipdogg
 
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Batavia

PreviousNext

Return to Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests