E CHECK

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

flyer747

E CHECK

Post by flyer747 »

To all members who live in the seven NE OHIO counties that conduct E CHECKS , the testing stations are now posted ....NO GUNS ON THE PROPERTY
djthomas

Re: E CHECK

Post by djthomas »

Lube Stop and a few repair shops also offer the service at no charge. The wife's vehicle also got opted out last renewal cycle because she apparently drove by the RapidScreen vans at least twice.
flyer747

Post by flyer747 »

I should have made it clearer by saying its the the full service testing stations that are posted, the rapid screens are at a different location each day.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Two years ago, they weren't....too bad
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Didn't see any signs that would interfere with my use of the self service kiosk either.
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

Aren't the E check employees government workers??? So if they weren't posted before it may have been an oversight.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

What's an E Check? :?: Is that something I need to take my computer and other electronics to for the Gubmint to download my information? :mrgreen: :lol:

Thank goodness I don't live in an area that requires this; I doubt my Javelin or Eagle would come close to passing any test. Everything else would be fine.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

soberbiker wrote:Aren't the E check employees government workers??? So if they weren't posted before it may have been an oversight.
No, officially required in certain counties by the state, but run by a private company now.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

Is it actually a completely private company or some pseudo government type agency like the agriculture board or port authority that claims to be private???
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

soberbiker wrote:Is it actually a completely private company or some pseudo government type agency like the agriculture board or port authority that claims to be private???
When we had to go through it down here in the more sensible part of the state, it was a private company that received a contract based upon bids.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mike:

I think it's still private....

Some years back, when serious pressure was being applied to the Statehouse to get rid of the system because it either didn't work anyway, or was damaging lots of cars, it was (as I heard it) left in operation because the cost of buying out the contracts would have exceeded the potential liabilities.

AFAIK, it's still running on that basis.

Way back when, if memory serves, the DMV deputy registrars were ordered to post, although there was no good reason v.s. the law, AFAIK. Private operators by franchise. Apparently whoever was in charge didn't like us. ("Post or we'll pull your franchise.")

Some years later, they got it into the ORC as a statutory CPZ.... I don't think the E-Check facilities are statutory at this time.

Can't win....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
flyer747

Post by flyer747 »

Its a private company contracted by the EPA/State.