Wink's in Beachwood

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

joe98

Wink's in Beachwood

Post by joe98 »

Went to Wink's in Beachwood, which recently opened...

The only sign I saw was the old "WARNING: If you are carrying a firearm..." sign near the door, which I am under the impression is now incorrect. If a bar has this particular sign posted and nothing else, am I good to carry?

This seems weird to me, since they just opened.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Wink's in Beachwood

Post by schmieg »

joe98 wrote:Went to Wink's in Beachwood, which recently opened...

The only sign I saw was the old "WARNING: If you are carrying a firearm..." sign near the door, which I am under the impression is now incorrect. If a bar has this particular sign posted and nothing else, am I good to carry?

This seems weird to me, since they just opened.
Actually, the sign isn't incorrect, just misleading. If you have a CHL, it doesn't apply to you as long as you don't drink alcohol while in the place. However, without a CHL, you cannot carry there.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Wink's, Winking Lizard, and Lizardville are all part of the same corporation. None, that I know of, are posted against legal carry. The only posting I have ever seen in them is the standard Ohio Dept. of Liquor Control sign.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Tonik

Post by Tonik »

CroManGun wrote:Wink's, Winking Lizard, and Lizardville are all part of the same corporation. None, that I know of, are posted against legal carry. The only posting I have ever seen in them is the standard Ohio Dept. of Liquor Control sign.
Have not been to one in awhile because of their gun busters signs, but I believe all the Lizard's are very much posted. I hit both Lakewood and Independence about a year and a half ago. They are very clear and prominent in their signage.