Money spent

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Money spent

Post by MrMagoo »

A few years ago or so there was a thread keeping track of how much money people spent in a store (It was a chain of stores) after they removed their no guns sign. I've been searching the forums to try and find the name of the business and am not having any luck. I'd like to know how much money people spent in these stores and listed in line since Target just announced they don't want guns in their stores. I can see a letter to Target letting them know how money was spent over a period of time after they took down the signs and how much money they would have lost if the signs remained up. Does anyone remember the chain of stores I'm referring to?

For clarity, Target hasn't started posting signs - yet. Just getting a jump on things.

Gary
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
Suckerspawn

Re: Money spent

Post by Suckerspawn »

I think it was UDF - United Dairy Farmers.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

I thought it was that or Dairy Mart but my searches aren't coming up with anything.

Gary
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
SlyFerret

Post by SlyFerret »

In today's data driven world, I'm pretty certain that Target knows exactly how much money individuals spend in their stores.

I've read articles that talk about how sophisticated Target and other stores' data analytics are these days. They can detect subtle changes in purchasing that indicate pregnancy, for instance, and adjust the product mix in the sale flyers sent to particular shoppers homes.

It is pretty scary stuff, when you think about it.

-SF
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

SlyFerret wrote:I've read articles that talk about how sophisticated Target and other stores' data analytics are these days. They can detect subtle changes in purchasing that indicate pregnancy, for instance, and adjust the product mix in the sale flyers sent to particular shoppers homes.
Indeed, all true. Unfortunately for them if they had spent just a little of their analytical know how on inspecting their network they would have seen the intrusion or at least caught malware being pushed out to thousands of POS terminals, or their own database servers being used as dropboxes before exfiltrating customer data right out the front door.

The dichotomy between sheer brilliance and utter incompetence in the same subject area is fascinating. You see that in government a lot too. I'm sure many an academic paper has been written on the topic.