Will We Do Nothing? (Long Rant with Images)

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Will We Do Nothing? (Long Rant with Images)

Post by troy bilt »

Werz wrote:
troy bilt wrote:This is in response to an E-Mail I sent out over the weekend to Chipotle.

Troy,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the presence of guns in our restaurants. We completely respect your feelings on this matter and understand that there are very strong arguments on both sides of this issue.

Earlier this month, participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns into one of our restaurants. Because the display of firearms in our restaurants has caused such discomfort for many of our customers, we believe it is time to make a request that customers do not bring guns into our restaurants.

We understand the vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and follow local laws while carrying their firearms. We hope that those same citizens will understand how allowing guns within our restaurants could cause anxiety and concern for many customers and will honor our request to refrain from bringing their firearms into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

We're certainly sorry if this request has offended you in any way and appreciate you sharing your perspective.

Sincerely,
Amanda C

Customer Service Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill
A re-structuring of their original statement. It states nothing more. And it's unlikely they will commit to more without pressure.
I responded back letting them know that the only acceptable action would to band open carry of long guns.
While that may be the expectations of some, I do not intend to demand open carry from a private enterprise. I think there are enough people who are satisfied with concealed carry under those circumstances that a powerful statement can be made.
I understand your position but I do not plan on spending my cash with a company that only accepts a privilege given by the state, as Ohio treats CC.
You respect my right or no cash for you.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

You simply do not have any right to violate the rules and operational policies of private property owners. Not at all.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Tweed Ring wrote:You simply do not have any right to violate the rules and operational policies of private property owners. Not at all.
Never said I do.

I do have the right not to spend my hard earned cash at such establishments.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

troy bilt wrote:
Werz wrote:
troy bilt wrote:I responded back letting them know that the only acceptable action would to band open carry of long guns.
While that may be the expectations of some, I do not intend to demand open carry from a private enterprise. I think there are enough people who are satisfied with concealed carry under those circumstances that a powerful statement can be made.
I understand your position but I do not plan on spending my cash with a company that only accepts a privilege given by the state, as Ohio treats CC.
You respect my right or no cash for you.
You are free to make that choice. At this point, my intention is to push back against organizations who are taking a "back door" approach to eroding our gun rights.

Some may take the position that, "I'll take my dollies and go home!" That may give them a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, but it doesn't do much for the common cause.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

You clearly have that right.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

You respect my right or no cash for you.[/quote]
You are free to make that choice. At this point, my intention is to push back against organizations who are taking a "back door" approach to eroding our gun rights.

Some may take the position that, "I'll take my dollies and go home!" That may give them a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, but it doesn't do much for the common cause.[/quote]

You are still under the allusion that CC is part of your gun rights in Ohio which it is clearly not.

Poking fun at someone for wishing to exercise there unlicensed rights as playing with there dollies does nothing for the common cause. Unless the common cause is to license every citizen that chooses to protect themselves with a firearm in public in Ohio.

Sorry messed up on the quote
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Generally speaking, we all seem to want the same thing, i.e. the right to be safe, to protect our families, to enjoy our chosen pursuits.

We can agree to disagree in our respective manner of approach. Our rights and privileges can be lost at the state level.

As my very politically astute kid is wont to say, “The first lesson in politics is understanding the importance of the number 51.”
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

A few thoughts about rights, privileges and government approval ...

If one is concerned about spending one's "hard earned cash" at an establishment that demands concealed carry by government approval, consider the fact that one's "hard earned cash" is a mode of commercial exchange that is also subject to government approval. Try this: Go into McDonald's and order a Micky D's Dinner Box, then lay down a one-troy-ounce .999 fine silver round. The current spot silver price dropped to about $18.90 per ounce today, but that still should be plenty. Nevertheless, see what happens when you do that.

And as it relates to the current issue, Chipotle is a D-permit liquor premises. In Ohio, you cannot carry a handgun into Chipotle, openly or concealed, unless you have a valid concealed handgun license. At that point, open carry may be a matter of pride or a political statement, but it doesn't substantially affect your ability to act in self-defense or in the defense of others, and the degree of government approval required is the same either way.

Just thought I'd share that with you.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
ppfd

Post by ppfd »

Anybody see the "tweet" the moms group supposedly put out.

"Rape lasts a few minutes." Death is forever" "You don't need a handgun."

Again, I read the supposed tweet on another forum in a gun owner bashing thread.

But, it wouldn't surprise me that is the type of people we are dealing with.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

ppfd wrote:Anybody see the "tweet" the moms group supposedly put out.

"Rape lasts a few minutes." Death is forever" "You don't need a handgun."

Again, I read the supposed tweet on another forum in a gun owner bashing thread.

But, it wouldn't surprise me that is the type of people we are dealing with.
I looked at the Twitter feed. It was somebody, presumably pro-gun, being sarcastic and "stirring the pot." We don't need that type of commentary. Let the opposition say the stupid stuff.
-- BobK
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I have always supported our second amendment rights..When I joined the Marines, I took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic...Just because my enlistment ended, doesn't mean my oath did..I still will defend the constitution, until I draw my dying breath..BUT..exercising a right needs to be done with common sense.. I have read and agree with others talking about the folks that walk around carrying AR's, AK's tactical shotguns etc. And They are right, those weapons aren't needed to be carried to exercise the 2nd amendment..

Back before the days of the Revolutionary War and the days after, men didn't walk around with muskets or Kentucky long rifles strapped to their backs unless they were hunting, exploring etc. They carried pistols..When they carried rifles is when there was a need to. And it should be the same today, don't let your bravado undo what a lot of our folks have fought hard to accomplish. Exercise your right I agree..But use some common sense when doing it, otherwise you make us all look like idiots.

Had those idiots not shown up in Starbucks, Chipotle etc looking like a bad casting of THE A-Team, nothing much would have been said most likely if they had have just been wearing handguns open carry..That's my honest opinion and gut feelings on it..Yeah sure there may have been a few libs have a hissy..But nothing major scale.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Shutterbug57

Post by Shutterbug57 »

Bama.45 wrote:Had those idiots not shown up in Starbucks, Chipotle etc looking like a bad casting of THE A-Team, nothing much would have been said most likely if they had have just been wearing handguns open carry..That's my honest opinion and gut feelings on it..Yeah sure there may have been a few libs have a hissy..But nothing major scale.
In TX, if they had just been OCing handguns, very much would have been said as that is illegal. What they did, while stupid, was not illegal.
Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Idi Amin, Castro, Pol Pot: All these monsters began by confiscating private arms, then litterally soaking the earth with the blood of tens of millions of their people. Ah, the joys of gun control. - Charlton Heston 11 Sept 97
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Shutterbug57 wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:Had those idiots not shown up in Starbucks, Chipotle etc looking like a bad casting of THE A-Team, nothing much would have been said most likely if they had have just been wearing handguns open carry..That's my honest opinion and gut feelings on it..Yeah sure there may have been a few libs have a hissy..But nothing major scale.
In TX, if they had just been OCing handguns, very much would have been said as that is illegal. What they did, while stupid, was not illegal.
Even then, if they had stayed on public property, it would have been acceptable. It still would have been a political statement. Imposing their will on a private establishment was a mistake.
-- BobK
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I stand corrected then..I figured open carry meant open carry period as it is in Alabama and most other states I can think of..I didn't realize Texas was backwards.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

"Even then, if they had stayed on public property, it would have been acceptable. It still would have been a political statement. Imposing their will on a private establishment was a mistake."

Mistake? I see this as a political blunder.