Buffalo Wild Wings, Tiedeman Road, NOT POSTED!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pecker

Buffalo Wild Wings, Tiedeman Road, NOT POSTED!

Post by Pecker »

So, just went to lunch with the office guys at the new Buffalo Wild Wings on Tiedeman Road in Brooklyn, OH.

I thought all Buffalo Wild Wings were posted but this one was not. I noticed two plain clothes detectives carrying in the restaurant and I know that BWs were infamous in some areas for even asking cops to not carry inside their locations.

It's an independent franchise and the owner stopped by to ask us how our lunch was. I didn't ask him specifically about not posting (leave well enough alone) but was he was very friendly. Guessing he chose to not post his franchise.
747tech

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings, Tiedeman Road, NOT POSTED!

Post by 747tech »

I go to one in Smyrna, TN and it is not poster either.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Good. 8)
Fenster

Post by Fenster »

Strongsville, on Pearl, was posted last time I was there (6 months or so ago). Haven't been back since.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Pecker wrote:So, just went to lunch with the office guys at the new Buffalo Wild Wings on Tiedeman Road in Brooklyn, OH.

I thought all Buffalo Wild Wings were posted but this one was not. I noticed two plain clothes detectives carrying in the restaurant and I know that BWs were infamous in some areas for even asking cops to not carry inside their locations.

It's an independent franchise and the owner stopped by to ask us how our lunch was. I didn't ask him specifically about not posting (leave well enough alone) but was he was very friendly. Guessing he chose to not post his franchise.
This location just opened recently. It wouldn't surprise me if he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully, he never will!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
mreising

Post by mreising »

I have recently been to a few BWW in the Cincy area (Harpers Point, Milford, Lebanon) because my girlfriend (that is a term I have not used for ~4 decades :) ) likes them. I have not seen signs at any of those. Could be I just missed them but I did look on the way in.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Mark, if a BWW is posted it is usually quite conspicuous. The new one in Newport Ky. has the gunbuster sign, big and right on the front door. So I staple my receipts from Chik-Fil-A next door to a 'No Guns = No Money' card and disarm long enough to give them to the manager-du-jour at BWW.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Mark, if a BWW is posted it is usually quite conspicuous. The new one in Newport Ky. has the gunbuster sign, big and right on the front door. So I staple my receipts from Chik-Fil-A next door to a 'No Guns = No Money' card and disarm long enough to give them to the manager-du-jour at BWW.
Funny.....the BWW in Massillon, Oh. right off rt.21 isn't posted and thats were we met for lunch after an OC walk in Massillon last year......NEO coordinated the walk and we told them who we were and that we were armed and they were glad to have us, (aprox 20+ people). :D
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
mreising

Post by mreising »

mreising wrote:I have recently been to a few BWW in the Cincy area (Harpers Point, Milford, Lebanon) because my girlfriend (that is a term I have not used for ~4 decades :) ) likes them. I have not seen signs at any of those. Could be I just missed them but I did look on the way in.
I revisited the Harpers Point one and IT IS POSTED. I don't know how I missed it. :oops: I'll check the others next time we are there.

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Oldfire

Post by Oldfire »

The last time I went to the one in Oxford, it was posted with black lettering on the dark tinted front door. I had to look very close to see the wording. It was written out text, not a gun-buster sign. Oh, about a year ago.

John
mreising

Post by mreising »

Well, I missed the sign on the Lebanon location, as well. So much for my awareness of my surroundings. I guess they have not had a change of policy. Unfortunately my fiance and her friends really like BW3 so..."yes dear" :) .

Mark
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

mreising wrote:Well, I missed the sign on the Lebanon location, as well. So much for my awareness of my surroundings. I guess they have not had a change of policy. Unfortunately my fiance and her friends really like BW3 so..."yes dear" :) .

I know the feeling lol
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson