A Catch 22

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mbott

Re: A Catch 22

Post by mbott »

Werz wrote: And that would be because those acts are covered by federal law, yes?
You are tilting at windmills if you think you are going to turn this into a discussion on the difference between postal regulations and federal law. As an alternative, please feel free to call the US Postal Inspection Service at 1-877-876-2455 and ask them. I'm sure they can explain the situation to you much better that I ever could.

--
Mike
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -- Unknown
NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: A Catch 22

Post by Werz »

mbott wrote:
Werz wrote: And that would be because those acts are covered by federal law, yes?
You are tilting at windmills if you think you are going to turn this into a discussion on the difference between postal regulations and federal law. As an alternative, please feel free to call the US Postal Inspection Service at 1-877-876-2455 and ask them. I'm sure they can explain the situation to you much better that I ever could.
My point, which you obviously missed, is that there are multiple relevant definitions of "firearm" for the purpose of the law. Whenever someone throws up the 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3) in a way which might be perceived to be a universal definition, I put out the caveat that it's not.

I am well aware of the limitations of the USPS for shipping C&R firearms, having previously been a C&R licensee.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.