Verizon in Middletown

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TJW815

Verizon in Middletown

Post by TJW815 »

So my fairly new phone isn't holding a charge so I took it in to get replaced. As I'm walking in (two kids in tow) I notice a small gunbuster sign on the middle right fixed panel of glass. It says "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED" so I just pick my shirt up and tuck it behind the butt of my Ruger and walk in.

The salesman and lady were absolutely shocked by my actions ( I made it painfully obvious that I saw the sign, I bent down and read it to my five year old. Then I looked up at the salesman and lady standing there and clarified that they do not allow CONCEALED firearms to which they confirmed)

The lady salesperson at that point asked to go to lunch :lol:

The salesman went ahead and helped me all the while staring at the Ruger strapped to my belt. Once complete he pointed out that the sign means they do not want guns in the building period. I chuckled and said that I would be happy to discuss it with the person responsible for hanging the sign. He just said nevermind and thanked me for my business.

My new phone will be here tomorrow. :wink:
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Verizon in Middletown

Post by JustaShooter »

Exercising Your 2nd Amendment Rights...
Like a Boss!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BobK

Post by BobK »

TJW815 wrote: Once complete he pointed out that the sign means they do not want guns in the building period. I chuckled and said that I would be happy to discuss it with the person responsible for hanging the sign. . ..

If they raise the topic again tomorrow, then ask them why Verizon thinks Ohioans are incapable of lawfully carrying weapons, but none of their stores are posted in Texas or most other states.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: I have been in that store a number of times and that is the first that I have heard about the sign. I would like to know if they change the sign.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

BobK wrote:
TJW815 wrote: Once complete he pointed out that the sign means they do not want guns in the building period. I chuckled and said that I would be happy to discuss it with the person responsible for hanging the sign. . ..

If they raise the topic again tomorrow, then ask them why Verizon thinks Ohioans are incapable of lawfully carrying weapons, but none of their stores are posted in Texas or most other states.

Lol that's an excellent argument. They are shipping it to my house though.

Charlie it's on the right hand exterior side on the middle window. About 4"x4".
will74

Post by will74 »

Verizon is big time anti gun the security company i work for has been contracted to watch some of their stores often. They specifically say no armed officers unarmed only no guns.
http://www.righttoccw.com
Proud NRA member-Join: Sept 19, 2011
Glock 22 Gen 4.
4 Primary Gun Rules:
1. Every gun is always loaded.
2. Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to kill or detroy.
3. Be sure of the target and what's beyond.
4. Finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target.
bogart34

Post by bogart34 »

I haven't ever had an issue with Verizon stores in the Columbus Area. The one in Grandview Heights (5th Ave and Northwest) isn't posted, and before I knew better (I am a good bit smarter about asking now) I asked if it was ok. The managers at this one assured me that it was allowed and welcomed. It makes me think that Verizon has left it up to the management of individual stores.
Keep calm and carry on.
1911 lover.
HkSniper

Post by HkSniper »

will74 wrote:Verizon is big time anti gun the security company i work for has been contracted to watch some of their stores often. They specifically say no armed officers unarmed only no guns.

That's funny.

Not too long ago I had my run in with Verizon. I went into their store and saw an armed security guard there a couple of times. Then they put up a big NO GUNS sign. I got curious and spoke with the guard and found out that the employees really urked a customer and the customer made some threats about becoming violent. So they hired this armed security guard to stand in the store.

If you do a search you can find my posts on it. It was a headache of a battle but in the end I won and the sign is gone.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I was in a Verizon store which had, for security, an armed, off duty, uniformed police officer. I asked him why he was there and he said there were periodic fights between customers and Verizon staff. I walked out and I never returned.

So many things to fight about, and some people choose to fight over cell phones. Just...troubling.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I was in a Verizon store which had, for security, an armed, off duty, uniformed police officer. I asked him why he was there and he said there were periodic fights between customers and Verizon staff. I walked out and I never returned.

So many things to fight about, and some people choose to fight over cell phones. Just...troubling.
ohioborntexan

Post by ohioborntexan »

BobK wrote:

I have been in numerous Verizon stores in Texas and have yet to see a sign. Must not be a corporate thing.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

TJW815 wrote:As I'm walking in (two kids in tow) I notice a small gunbuster sign on the middle right fixed panel of glass. It says "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED" so I just pick my shirt up and tuck it behind the butt of my Ruger and walk in.

The salesman and lady were absolutely shocked by my actions ( I made it painfully obvious that I saw the sign, I bent down and read it to my five year old. Then I looked up at the salesman and lady standing there and clarified that they do not allow CONCEALED firearms to which they confirmed)
An exercise AND and education into the rights of Americans. Way to go!
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Might be worth taking a second look at all Verizon locations. I was up near the Westlake store today buying gift certificates at various places on my wife's behalf. As I was walking by I noticed that the sign was gone. It was always the Verizon white with red and black posted right below the No Pets Allowed sign. I carefully checked the entire door and sure enough it's completely gone but pets are still prohibited. Maybe they finally noticed that their biggest competitor (AT&T) does not post?
docachna

Post by docachna »

I gave up dealing with Verizon stores about the time I found out that National Customer Service has lots more latitude in making "deals" for your service than the local stores do. I've had Verizon for a number of years, and with both of our dumbphones getting ready to circle the drain, the only way I would go Smartphone is if I could keep the bill the same, get unlimited text, unlimited calls, and a data plan I knew I wouldn't exceed.

The stores were basically disinterested. "Here's our plans. If you can't get in one of those, I can't help you, man." Called Verizon National, explained I'd been there for years, but was walking (I'm out of contract) if they couldn't come in for a given price, as set out above. After some looking, she found "an old customer loyalty plan" ( :roll: ) that actually got us the Nokia Windows phones for free after rebate, and the monthly less than what I quoted them.

I will never see the inside of a Verizon store again. Couldn't care less how many signs they post.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Ray

Post by Ray »

docachna wrote:I gave up dealing with Verizon stores about the time I found out that National Customer Service has lots more latitude in making "deals" for your service than the local stores do. I've had Verizon for a number of years, and with both of our dumbphones getting ready to circle the drain, the only way I would go Smartphone is if I could keep the bill the same, get unlimited text, unlimited calls, and a data plan I knew I wouldn't exceed.

The stores were basically disinterested. "Here's our plans. If you can't get in one of those, I can't help you, man." Called Verizon National, explained I'd been there for years, but was walking (I'm out of contract) if they couldn't come in for a given price, as set out above. After some looking, she found "an old customer loyalty plan" ( :roll: ) that actually got us the Nokia Windows phones for free after rebate, and the monthly less than what I quoted them.

I will never see the inside of a Verizon store again. Couldn't care less how many signs they post.
What is the number for National Customer Service??? It may come in real handy......... :lol: :lol:

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member