Verizon in Middletown

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Greg the baker

Re: Verizon in Middletown

Post by Greg the baker »

docachna wrote:I gave up dealing with Verizon stores about the time I found out that National Customer Service has lots more latitude in making "deals" for your service than the local stores do. I've had Verizon for a number of years, and with both of our dumbphones getting ready to circle the drain, the only way I would go Smartphone is if I could keep the bill the same, get unlimited text, unlimited calls, and a data plan I knew I wouldn't exceed.

The stores were basically disinterested. "Here's our plans. If you can't get in one of those, I can't help you, man." Called Verizon National, explained I'd been there for years, but was walking (I'm out of contract) if they couldn't come in for a given price, as set out above. After some looking, she found "an old customer loyalty plan" ( :roll: ) that actually got us the Nokia Windows phones for free after rebate, and the monthly less than what I quoted them.

I will never see the inside of a Verizon store again. Couldn't care less how many signs they post.
This is what I did when I made the switch to a smartphone, store gave me plan options that I didn't like, I called corporate and told them I wanted unlimited data or I was switching to AT&T the following week when my contract expired. Verizon was happy to oblige me and keep taking my money.
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

will74 wrote:Verizon is big time anti gun the security company i work for has been contracted to watch some of their stores often. They specifically say no armed officers unarmed only no guns.
Keep in mind, that most times, the business might not be anti 2A, but their insurance carrier forbids guns on premises.

This was the case of a local business a friend of mine owns. He is very pro-gun and even has his CHL. He had to put up the signs to adhere to his insurance policy requirements. As soon as he was able to find an insurance provider that didn't want to charge him 3-4 times a normal premium for allowing CHL, the signs came down. Oddly enough, he carried 24/7 because I he dealt with nightly deposits, etc.
RichN

Post by RichN »

I was in the Fields-Ertel store last week and their sign was down.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

TJW815 wrote:So my fairly new phone isn't holding a charge so I took it in to get replaced. As I'm walking in (two kids in tow) I notice a small gunbuster sign on the middle right fixed panel of glass. It says "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED" so I just pick my shirt up and tuck it behind the butt of my Ruger and walk in.

The salesman and lady were absolutely shocked by my actions ( I made it painfully obvious that I saw the sign, I bent down and read it to my five year old. Then I looked up at the salesman and lady standing there and clarified that they do not allow CONCEALED firearms to which they confirmed)

The lady salesperson at that point asked to go to lunch :lol:
THAT IS GREAT!!!
Yes, it was what the sign said. What the sales, man told you was an what people may think the sign MEANT, but not what it actually said.
CLASSIC!!!
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

MacDonald wrote:
TJW815 wrote:So my fairly new phone isn't holding a charge so I took it in to get replaced. As I'm walking in (two kids in tow) I notice a small gunbuster sign on the middle right fixed panel of glass. It says "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED" so I just pick my shirt up and tuck it behind the butt of my Ruger and walk in.

The salesman and lady were absolutely shocked by my actions ( I made it painfully obvious that I saw the sign, I bent down and read it to my five year old. Then I looked up at the salesman and lady standing there and clarified that they do not allow CONCEALED firearms to which they confirmed)

The lady salesperson at that point asked to go to lunch :lol:
THAT IS GREAT!!!
Yes, it was what the sign said. What the sales, man told you was an what people may think the sign MEANT, but not what it actually said.
CLASSIC!!!
I revert to this ploy all the time when confronted by those specific signs. Most recently at a local TGIF.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life