Fifth st. market in Dayton

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tackleberry

Fifth st. market in Dayton

Post by Tackleberry »

My wife has made it our weekend mission to go to the fifth St mkt and I want to know if anyone has any previous knowledge if it is a CPZ?
scriz

Re: Fifth st. market in Dayton

Post by scriz »

Tackleberry wrote:My wife has made it our weekend mission to go to the fifth St mkt and I want to know if anyone has any previous knowledge if it is a CPZ?
You mean the 2nd Street Market?
Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry »

Yes I do... brain fart. Sorry about the confusion
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

scriz wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:My wife has made it our weekend mission to go to the fifth St mkt and I want to know if anyone has any previous knowledge if it is a CPZ?
You mean the 2nd Street Market?

Maybe they moved to a better part of town? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ArmyAndNavyVet

Post by ArmyAndNavyVet »

We've been to the 2nd street market a number of times, and never noticed any postings. Last visit was a week ago.
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Viet Nam Combat Veteran, 1967-1968, I Corps (Army)
Beirut 1983 (Navy)
Lấy máu Nga Hoa mà hòa rượu đế
Lấy xác cộng xây cầu bên hải
Lấy râu cụ Hồ làm bàn chải đánh giầy
Chặt đầu việt cộng mà nấu canh chua
Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry »

Great! Thank you for the information.
boyscout

Post by boyscout »

It's posted. It may not be on the large doors in the front, but the rear door I usually use has a sign. Even if you don't see a sign, the building is owned by Five Rivers Metroparks, which makes it a government owned facility.
Boy Scout Leader
NRA Instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside of the Home, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Training Counselor
101st Airborne - Viet Nam 1968
Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry »

I would like to confirm it is posted on all side entrances but not a double doors by the food court area
boyscout

Post by boyscout »

I'll do a recon Saturday.
Boy Scout Leader
NRA Instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside of the Home, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Training Counselor
boyscout

Post by boyscout »

Tackleberry wrote:I would like to confirm it is posted on all side entrances but not a double doors by the food court area
All the doors are posted. The signs are small and faded, but they're there. When the doors are propped open, they are not noticeable.
Boy Scout Leader
NRA Training Counselor
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

Looks like it's been a while since the 2nd Street Market was addressed, and we were there this afternoon. I can confirm the facility is posted very clearly.

I must be wrong, but I thought public parks funded with tax dollars could not be posted. The Market is part of the Montgomery Co Five Rivers Metropark system, which according to their website, is 80% tax funded. Even through it's designated a park, the majority of the businesses operate from the inside the long, straight (former warehouse building?) market building. There are also vendors outside.

Does the fact the market is an indoor facility allow the County to post a designated public park funded by the residents of Montgomery County?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Col Duke wrote:Does the fact the market is an indoor facility allow the County to post a designated public park funded by the residents of Montgomery County?
Yes, a building that is considered a government facility (A building or part of a building that is owned or leased by the government of this state or a political subdivision of this state and where employees of the government of this state or the political subdivision regularly are present for the purpose of performing their official duties as employees of the state or political subdivision;) is a no-carry zone. It doesn't matter that it is called a "park", unfortunately.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!