Page 1 of 2

Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:24 pm
by tdeal823
Just showed up for a great weekend with than family and bam. On every door.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:37 pm
by tdeal823

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm
by Bombarde32
I cannot speak from direct experience, but I would imagine that sidearms and waterslides don't go together real well anyway...a gunbelt in the pool is a fashion faux pas, and an in-the-waistband holster would probably cause your swimsuit to sag.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:34 pm
by tdeal823
Ha. No kidding :-) I brought a small safe to stick my pistol in for in the room. Did not want to leave it in the car.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 pm
by Klingon00
Aren't they also a hotel? If so it's not cool if they post those areas. I almost understand when places like bounce houses post simply because guns and jumping in crowded spaces probably don't mix well (just like swimming), however I'd far prefer if they gave the choice to those who wish to defend their families as long as they post rules prohibiting armed people from participating in the activity where gun's might actually cause a safety issue. They should still be welcome to sit and observe if they wish.

Too bad, Great Wolf seemed like an interesting place to take the kids...

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 pm
by tdeal823
I will be dropping ofcc cards to different people during my stay and explaining my concerns.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm
by tdeal823
Klingon00 wrote:Aren't they also a hotel? If so it's not cool if they post those areas.


I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm
by muxtech
Klingon00 wrote:Too bad, Great Wolf seemed like an interesting place to take the kids.

Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway. I know CPZ's are stupid, but I still have to live my life. No one can prevent you from being armed in your room, so I don't see the point in not going there if you want. It's a nice place, and the kids do love it - especially in winter. It is, of course, up to you where to go or not go. You take the kids to Cedar Point sometimes, right? What's the difference?

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 am
by djthomas
tdeal823 wrote:I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.

Unfortunately there's nothing in the statute or court precedent to support this contention. The so-called "residential premises" exception that became law in 2008 does not apply because hotel/motel accommodations are excluded from the definition of residential premises.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:12 pm
by tdeal823
djthomas wrote:
tdeal823 wrote:I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.

Unfortunately there's nothing in the statute or court precedent to support this contention. The so-called "residential premises" exception that became law in 2008 does not apply because hotel/motel accommodations are excluded from the definition of residential premises.

Thank you. I was trying to figure that out.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm
by evan price
muxtech wrote:Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway.



Ahem.
I beg to differ.
NAA 22-mag mini-revolver, in a Ziplock bag, in the sealed waterproof pocket of my Speedos.
I'm not going to name specific waterparks on the public forums but let's just say that it has happened.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm
by Werz
evan price wrote:
muxtech wrote:Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway.

Ahem.
I beg to differ.
NAA 22-mag mini-revolver, in a Ziplock bag, in the sealed waterproof pocket of my Speedos.
I'm not going to name specific waterparks on the public forums but let's just say that it has happened.

In Speedos?!

Reminds me of an old Mae West quote ...

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm
by evan price
Werz wrote:In Speedos?!

Reminds me of an old Mae West quote ...



Yes, but, in my defence, they were the Speedos that look like cargo shorts. Not the bannana-hammock style Speedos.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:58 pm
by Tweed Ring
Damn, I had the oddest picture in mind, something to do with the old style BMW motorcycle key, and then the picture evaporated, into the mist.

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 pm
by MyWifeSaidYes
Just put your maritime spring cups in your Glock 26, then put the Glock in a neoprene and velcro ankle holster.

Yes, you CAN go swimming with your gun... :shock: :lol: :roll: