Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

Post by bignflnut »

At the Mason location, they've gone to the pains to etch the gunbuster symbol on the doors along with the no smoking symbol, (don't think this carries any legal weight,) and the "posting" is only at the main entrance (there are multiple entries).

Yes, there is a safe in each room (I guess...having not been in every room).
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

After watching several videos on youtube about how easy it is for thieves to crack most hotel safes, I don't think I'd be too trusting of any of them.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

and those safes are apparently entirely insecure
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
snoudude

Post by snoudude »

The Mason location was posted then wasn't - apparently there was a convention where it "needed" to be posted but the signs came down afterwards - the last time I was there (a few years ago) they weren't posted.

I'm sensing an increasing trend for places that serve alcohol (and derive a substantial revenue from it) to post so they have the opportunity to get those sales - us "gun toting" folks don't buy booze during their armed business so those seats could be taken up by a customer who would pay a higher tab.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

snoudude wrote:I'm sensing an increasing trend for places that serve alcohol (and derive a substantial revenue from it) to post so they have the opportunity to get those sales - us "gun toting" folks don't buy booze during their armed business so those seats could be taken up by a customer who would pay a higher tab.
Just about any restauranteur knows that there is a significantly higher margin on soda and other non-alcoholic drinks than there is on booze. Sure the total tab is higher but the profit margin is much lower. One guy I was talking to runs a large conference/banquet facility. He was telling me that he loves Muslim weddings because the net profit from running a soda bar far exceeds what he'd pull in for a Catholic wedding of the same size. Not to mention no need to put up with the extra crap that comes with serving alcohol (security, liability, vandalism, bathroom issues, etc).

I'm no spring chicken when it comes to visiting bars. Because of my work I probably eat lunch on the road at least twice a week and I'm always seeking out dives to try something different. No matter where I go in the Cleveland area I'm seeing the same thing: a CPZ sign is the far and away exception rather than the rule. Even places that you'd think "man this must be a raucous joint once the sun goes down!" aren't posted.
BillSWPA

Post by BillSWPA »

Any updates on the Sandusky location?
BillSWPA

Post by BillSWPA »

The Sandusky location is still posted at all entrances.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

BillSWPA wrote:The Sandusky location is still posted at all entrances.
Every Great Wolf I've seen has been posted.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand