Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Posted

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

alan93

Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Posted

Post by alan93 »

Couldn't believe this today.
I searched the forum and the last report on this appeared to be 6/2012 not posted.

I asked to speak to store manager but he didn't show up.
I left a NGNM card with csr guy asking him to please give it to him when he saw him
Interestingly he said his dad has a ccw.
I will send a letter to the store tomorrow.
Will update if i hear back.

Last edited by alan93 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Poste

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Went there once years ago...with this I won't be returning ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

As memory serves people on the forum reported that store as posted several years ago. Oh well I'm a Luddite, wouldn't find me there voluntarily anyhow.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

With the plethora of online options (usually at a much lower cost) it amazes me why they would want to alienate any of their customer base.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Such signage shows the specific vendor does not care if they alienate a percentage of their possible customer base.

Having said that, they clearly have the right to post. The wonders of a free country.
jbrewer8

Post by jbrewer8 »

Wow, I almost went there today for a printer cartridge. They have not been posted in the past, but I know the manager was not exactly fond of guns. I know he asked an open carrier to leave the store, the salesman wasn't happy with the manager.

I, at least used to, purchase quite a bit there for work. I will stop in and remind the manager of my last $7,000 purchase and let him know I can get that equipment elsewhere. I hadn't planned to say anything about the open carrier incident that I was aware of, mainly because I didn't want them to post. Now that they are it's time to have a talk.
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Walther P99c QA
Browning Challenger
Mossberg 500 .12
Mossberg 500 .20
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Hmm, I haven't noticed the one in Columbus being posted. I hope this isn't a new corporate policy.
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

jbrewer8 wrote:Wow, I almost went there today for a printer cartridge. They have not been posted in the past, but I know the manager was not exactly fond of guns. I know he asked an open carrier to leave the store, the salesman wasn't happy with the manager.
This is proof that the 'fraidy cats understand the difference between gun and criminal. If he was truly concerned about the OC'er, he wouldn't have approached because he would've irrationally feared the person would use the gun in retaliation. Because he understood the OC'er was a lawful person, he had no issue in confronting him to aggress against him, however mildly.
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
alan93

Post by alan93 »

whoownsyou wrote:
jbrewer8 wrote:Wow, I almost went there today for a printer cartridge. They have not been posted in the past, but I know the manager was not exactly fond of guns. I know he asked an open carrier to leave the store, the salesman wasn't happy with the manager.
This is proof that the 'fraidy cats understand the difference between gun and criminal. If he was truly concerned about the OC'er, he wouldn't have approached because he would've irrationally feared the person would use the gun in retaliation. Because he understood the OC'er was a lawful person, he had no issue in confronting him to aggress against him, however mildly.
your hypothesis is fallaciously assuming rational thought on their part. These people are knee jerk reactionaries spurred on by sensationalistic media stories insinuating that guns are the real criminals and they swallow it hook line and sinker. The only logic they will follow is the one that affects their same store monthly sales reports. And that's what i hope happens.
alan93

Post by alan93 »

Brian D. wrote:As memory serves people on the forum reported that store as posted several years ago. Oh well I'm a Luddite, wouldn't find me there voluntarily anyhow.
You might want to prop your memory up with a more reliable search function. That's what I used.
I have shopped their for the last 13 years and never saw one before.
I always build my own computers from bare bones parts as I did this last fall using their very competitive rebates. I do shop online at Tiger Direct and New Egg as well, but some things are hard to find and this type of arrogant anti 2A nose thumbing indicates, to me anyways, that they know they are the only game in town for the inventory they carry.
I did buy my wifi adapter at Traget today instead (higher price), but when it comes to main boards and CPUs, there is not much else around to choose from.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

alan93 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:As memory serves people on the forum reported that store as posted several years ago. Oh well I'm a Luddite, wouldn't find me there voluntarily anyhow.
You might want to prop your memory up with a more reliable search function. That's what I used.
I have shopped their for the last 13 years and never saw one before.
I always build my own computers from bare bones parts as I did this last fall using their very competitive rebates. I do shop online at Tiger Direct and New Egg as well, but some things are hard to find and this type of anti 2A indicates, to me anyways, that they know they are the only game in town for the inventory they carry.
I did buy my wifi adapter at Traget today instead (higher price), but when it comes to main boards and CPUs, there is not much else around to choose from.
I don't trust the search feature of this forum more than six months' worth, too much goofy stuff has happened at my end when going back farther. It may have been back in '05 or '06 but somebody did report that Micro Center as having a gunbuster sign. Heck maybe that person wasn't lying or in error.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Mine was likely the most recent post... they were not posted as of 21 JUN 12.

I've always hated having to go there, but sometimes you need something NOW (moving the office and the switch for the server rack goes Tango Uniform) or want to actually see/ touch it (like a mouse).

More for Tiger Direct... until one of those emergencies arises.
elderboy02

Post by elderboy02 »

I guess I won't be shopping there anymore. I purchase all of the computer equipment for work there. Not anymore.
OFCC Member, Ohio CHL holder, NRA Life Member, AR15.com Life Member.
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

If you guys are closer to Lorain you might want to try the shop I use to get all my computer gear for work. Certified Intel reseller.. Mom&Pop place.. they have better prices than most of the big box stores. Sorry for the plug but they have treated me right for near 15 years now. :) OH and never once had an issue with my CCW
Life without music is a mistake.
skyking

Post by skyking »

Columbus was NOT posted a couple of weeks ago - stopped-in and spent several hundred bucks. If this is a local thing I may have to resign myself to driving twice as far to go to Columbus or just bag it and find an alternative. Has anyone written corporate to see if this is just a rogue local manager?
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
-- Robert A Heinlein