Cap City Diner Gahanna

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

remphoto

Cap City Diner Gahanna

Post by remphoto »

Cap City is posted. Not sure if this applies to other Mitchell Restaurants. I sent a respectful but firm email to headquarters. Will let you know if/when I get a response.
pr4192

Re: Cap City Diner Gahanna

Post by pr4192 »

I used to work for Cameron Mitchell a couple years ago, but don't have any insight on the matter.
Very interested to find out what the response is.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." -TR
remphoto

Post by remphoto »

Well, here we are 4 days after my email to Cameron MItchell organization and no response. I am not holding my breath but will let you know if/when I get a response. In the meantime, Cameron Mitchell eateries such as Cap City, Ocean Club, Mitchell's Steakhouse, Martini, Ocean Prime, etc. are off my patronization list as I am guessing they also follow Mitchell's anti-CHL policy. There are just too many alternative diing places which do not insult CHL customers.
pr4192

Post by pr4192 »

I can tell you as a previous manager of a Mitchell's Fish Market in Cincy, we were never and they still aren't posted. Before the sale of the fish markets
to Ruth's Chris and after. Interesting about the other concepts. I've been to them all but didn't notice back then.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." -TR
remphoto

Post by remphoto »

pr4192 wrote:I can tell you as a previous manager of a Mitchell's Fish Market in Cincy, we were never and they still aren't posted. Before the sale of the fish markets
to Ruth's Chris and after. Interesting about the other concepts. I've been to them all but didn't notice back then.
I never noticed a gunbuster sign at Cap City, either, until our recent visit. Of course signs were not necessary as CHL was automatically prohibited in Class D establishments before the new legislation was enacted.
docachna

Post by docachna »

See new thread about Mitchell's Hyde Park Grill.

The mgr there told me the signs came down from corporate around Oct. 1. Could be many of the others are posted now.

His brother is a cop, and he was not happy when I told him a $400 birthday bash was going up the road, as well as the restaurant going into the DNPWA database. Gave him a NGNM card. We'll see...

EDIT: Thought Hyde Park was a Cameron Mitchell location. It's not. Cameron Mitchell's Cbus Fish Market on Crossroads is not posted. This may be a manager at this one location that has "misedumacated" by someone.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
remphoto

Post by remphoto »

Still no reply from Cameron Mitchell organization. Oh well, many other choices.....
Lthrnck

Post by Lthrnck »

Have you been using the cow prod on them.. or did you just send one e-mail.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The company that bought our Cameron Mitchell (sp?) is known to be anti-gun.
remphoto

Post by remphoto »

Lthrnck wrote:Have you been using the cow prod on them.. or did you just send one e-mail.
Just sent one email using their online contact form (no direct email address is provided). Was hoping that maybe others on here who eat at Mitchell Restaurants might jump on and send emails, too.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Cap City Grandview location on Olentangy River Rd. in Cbus is also posted. Took our dinner for 6 elsewhere yesterday. Sent long EM to corporate in their comment website location. If no response in a week, I'll start calling to get a personal EM and send it to their customer service manager.

Entered location in DNPWA database. (BTW, the Gahanna location does not appear to be entered.)

It boggles my mind, in an economy like this, where a successful chain like Hoggy's BBQ just closed all but one location - a manager can somehow think it's a good idea to deliberately tell customers you don't want their business ??? I just DO NOT get it.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
remphoto

Re: Cap City Diner Gahanna -- GOOD NEWS UPDATE

Post by remphoto »

After sending a message to them on their website on 11/06/2011, I unexpectedly received a response today:

Dear Mr. _____,
Thank you again for your email and for taking the time to share your concerns. Based on the feedback we have received from our guests, we have removed the signs at Cap City at this time.

We hope you will join us soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any feedback you would like to share in the future or if I may of any assistance to you.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jessica Sauter
Guest Services Manager
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, LLC
Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern
515 Park Street | Columbus, OH 43215
(: 614.621.3663

I wrote her back and thanked her and told her I would post this news on the web and was looking forward to patronizing them again. She quickly responded back with a, "thank you". I do not know whether this includes all CM restaurants -- hope so.
BobK

Re: Cap City Diner Gahanna -- GOOD NEWS UPDATE

Post by BobK »

remphoto wrote:After sending a message to them
Outstanding!

Good for you, thanks for helping to make a difference.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
docachna

Post by docachna »

The day after I sent a (rather long) e-mail to Cap City - I got the same e-mail remphoto did, except mine referred to my family, who chose to dine somewhere else last Sunday (dinner for 6 going elsewhere is never a good thing!).

I also responded and thanked her for her quick response, and I have promised to pull Cap City from the DNPWA database as soon as someone confirms the ORR location and the Gahanna location are no longer posted.

Nice to know somebody actually reads our letters every once in a while ! :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
BobK

Post by BobK »

docachna wrote: and I have promised to pull Cap City from the DNPWA database as soon as someone confirms the ORR location and the Gahanna location are no longer posted.
Thank you as well.

After you confirm confirm ORR & Gahanna, you may want to PM the mods to change the overall thread title.

My niece works at the Rusty Bucket in Gahanna, so I am glad she may benefit from a legally armed customer.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?