JoAnn Fabric.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xwing

Re: JoAnn Fabric.

Post by xwing »

Email sent to corporate: http://www.joann.com/joann/common/contactus.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMO, the more people who (politely) let them know our disappointment in this policy, and the fact that they are losing us as customers, the better.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I go to JoAnn's maybe 3-4 times a year. I remembered seeing this thread so when I went to the Polaris store in Columbus today, I was looking. There is a sign. It is maybe 5" X 5" and not in an obvious spot. Looked like something the corporation came up with because the language was different than any I've seen before. From the way the sign is written, the writer definitely does not want us in the store. But whomever posted the sign did not want people to notice the sign.
grampajeep

Post by grampajeep »

kcclark wrote:I go to JoAnn's maybe 3-4 times a year. I remembered seeing this thread so when I went to the Polaris store in Columbus today, I was looking. There is a sign. It is maybe 5" X 5" and not in an obvious spot. Looked like something the corporation came up with because the language was different than any I've seen before. From the way the sign is written, the writer definitely does not want us in the store. But whomever posted the sign did not want people to notice the sign.
Another place that wants it both ways :!:

Gerry
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Already contacted them
jasoninkent

Post by jasoninkent »

I sent this using the contact form:
I am concerned about a recent change on your stores. I have become aware that many of the stores in Ohio are now posting no concealed carry signs. These signs do nothing but prevent legal carry. A criminal will ignore these signs because, as a criminal, they mean nothing to him. I can not shop at a place which denies me my right to defend myself. I will be taking my business to Hobby Lobby and other stores which do not make me give up my rights upon entering the store. Please understand that, as a new father, we were prepared, and had money budgeted to spend in your stores for sewing the many things we would need for our new child. This business will now be going elsewhere. It is very unfortunate because we really do like JoAnn fabrics.
I received this as a reply:
Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service. We apologize for our delay in responding.

Thank you for contacting us about the prohibition against concealed weapons and the sign posted at our Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store. After thoughtful consideration, Jo-Ann decided to post the signs to create a comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers. Jo-Ann recognizes that there are strong feelings on this issue, and that permit-holders are exercising their state right. Jo-Ann also is exercising its right under state law to post the sign. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You may contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service via phone at 1-888-739-4120, Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm Eastern Time.

Thank you,

Andrew
Customer Service Coordinator
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
In other words, we don't really care. We're scared of guns regardless of who has them. As a note, this reply was within 2 days. They will see it and reply so if we get a lot of people to complain, it might help.
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

Thanks for following-up with them.

"..to create a comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers"

This implies (at least to me) that the JoAnn mgmt. felt that many of their customers we very concerned about their NOT posting, therefore, in order to make them more comfortable, they posted the signs.

I've been into many, many stores and restaurants before having obtained my CHL. I say this because that was before I new it even existed and I believe that the vast majority of JoAnn's customers don't know a thing about it either. I never felt uncomfortable going into any of these places because they didn't have a particular sign posted.
NotRight

Post by NotRight »

Bump. Just visited the JoAnn Fabric in Mansfield/Ontario (needed something from Mom's Christmas list). It is posted in a very conspicuous place. Believe it or not I missed it on the way in... lol... was looking at a picture on my phone (from my sister showing me EXACTLY what I needed to get) and missed it (it is located on the inside entrance doors, not the outside entrance doors where I looked). Saw it on my way out by pure chance. :shock: Oops... Time to fire up the ol' email and send a complaint... :mrgreen:
Steve "NotRight"
US Navy Veteran '85-'91
Retired Firefighter (IAFF) '92-'07
Cowboy Mounted Shooter (CMSA)
NRA Member
2 Ruger Vaquero .45 single action revolvers, Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9c

"Castle Doctrine strictly enforced"
beepx22

Post by beepx22 »

well crap, I guess i'll have to buy all my fabric elsewhere now... i've also sent an email.
"Sometimes the fight is more than the fist, Ignorance is sometimes more than bliss..."
Scoutmaster

Post by Scoutmaster »

Store in Piqua, OH has a new sign package on the door that does not include the gun buster sign. It was previously posted.
I would personally love to spend another 30 replies educating you about the racist history of gun control, what an assault weapon is, the finer points of the law, or the varying lethality of different weapons. But I doubt you're interested. For some reason the statist side of this argument seems to think ignorance is strength. RookCastle
Each positive interaction helps to create a new normal. Tweed Ring
Cause of death: terminal failure of the victim selection process. Bobk
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for the update, Scoutmaster. Your post will doubtless get a few others to see if the situation has changed at the JoAnn's in their neighborhoods.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Janae

Post by Janae »

Just visited the Ontario store... posted. I dropped a NGNM card with the manager, and let her know that Brian and I were heading to WalMart (Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday) i also let the manager know that, due to Brian trying to teach me knitting and crocheting, we would be taking in several hundreds of dollars in supplies... and that JoAnns was losing all of this business.
junglebob

Post by junglebob »

Now that concealed carry legislation has passed and people are applying for CCWs, I noticed that a couple weeks ago the "official Illinois CPZ sign" up on the door of the Carbondale, Illinois Jo Ann's store. Does this seem to be nation wide?
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

junglebob wrote:Now that concealed carry legislation has passed and people are applying for CCWs, I noticed that a couple weeks ago the "official Illinois CPZ sign" up on the door of the Carbondale, Illinois Jo Ann's store. Does this seem to be nation wide?
From what has been posted here about JoAnn since the earliest days of this forum--yup.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yep.

In central Ohio, most of their signs are placed at the bottom of the windows (ankle-level) next to the sliding entrance doors.

Very easy to miss.
MyWifeSaidYes
mreising

Post by mreising »

junglebob wrote:Now that concealed carry legislation has passed and people are applying for CCWs, I noticed that a couple weeks ago the "official Illinois CPZ sign" up on the door of the Carbondale, Illinois Jo Ann's store. Does this seem to be nation wide?
Get some "No Guns, No Money" cards (probably best if they are IL centric rather than our OH ones) and drop them off occasionally with a receipt from Michaels, Hobby Lobby or some similar business. Ask them why they are now banning guns when they didn't before and ask why they think the bad guys will obey a sign. Probably won't make a difference but you can have some fun, as long as you are nice about it. It might make them think about it eventually.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.