The old Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati is a CPZ!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

opine25

The old Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati is a CPZ!

Post by opine25 »

The old Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati is a CPZ! this is not the large Kenwood Towne Center to the north. I have never seen this many "Gun Buster" stickers in one place, they are on every exterior door and window on the complex. Kinda ironic, the place is losing stores fast and probably will not make it through the recession. The largest store left standing is Barnes and Noble, go figure! I think what struck me the most was the amount of stickers, they must have ordered them in bulk! For those who have not been down that way, the Kenwood mall is the small mall to the south of Montgomery Rd. and the very large Kenwwod Towne Center is to the north of Montgomery Road. You would think the Mall would be bigger than the Towne Center by name, but it is just the opposite, By the way the Kenwood Towne Center had no "Gun Buster" signs last time I was there. I tried to put up a picture, but I recieved this message: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"
"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

- Thomas Paine
johnsoax

Re: The old Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati is a CPZ!

Post by johnsoax »

I was going to say, I carry in the town center all the time. :shock:
Alex Johnson
Springfield XD-9 Service Model
Blackhawk Serpa Outside waistband
Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Inside waistband

Freedom is messy. Freedom is unruly, Freedom always has people who make mistakes as well as people who make wise choices. Freedom is an imperfect society, but I'll take freedom instead of tyrants every day of the week. - BobK
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

opine25 wrote:The old Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati is a CPZ! this is not the large Kenwood Towne Center to the north. I have never seen this many "Gun Buster" stickers in one place, they are on every exterior door and window on the complex. Kinda ironic, the place is losing stores fast and probably will not make it through the recession. The largest store left standing is Barnes and Noble, go figure! I think what struck me the most was the amount of stickers, they must have ordered them in bulk! For those who have not been down that way, the Kenwood mall is the small mall to the south of Montgomery Rd. and the very large Kenwwod Towne Center is to the north of Montgomery Road. You would think the Mall would be bigger than the Towne Center by name, but it is just the opposite, By the way the Kenwood Towne Center had no "Gun Buster" signs last time I was there. I tried to put up a picture, but I recieved this message: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"
I haven't been there in a number of years (although it is rather close to my home). Last time I was there my daughter was in high school and I had to pick up a book she had ordered at Barnes & Noble. As I was walking toward the door, a woman in front of me turned and walked away. I got to the door and saw the sign and turned back to the car. The woman was parked next to me. As I was removing my gun and putting it into my lockbox in the trunk, I looked over and she was removing a small pistol from her purse and doing the same thing. We smiled at each other and both walked back to the store. She went to Dick's, I to B&N.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
opine25

Post by opine25 »

The "Kenwood Towne Center" is fine, I carry there also. I have no use for the old mall, especially seeing how biased about guns there are with all the stickers!
"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

- Thomas Paine
triplej

Post by triplej »

Very informative post(s), herein.

You do very well descriptively.

I in my own mind and to others call them "the big mall" and "the little mall.":

At the "little mall" I recal seeing one GB maybe on the or around the main entry.

I concur with you about the place folding up rapidly due to the crarrpy economy.

I thought yeares ago I saw a GB sign on one of the side (Kenwood Road) public entrances from the parking lot. maybe a few ago but I was not a CCW legal permit holder then.

They may have had it posted on this site on another link as a CPZ.

I went back to "the big mall" a few months ago..sorry I canot remember and at least from the one entry public entrance from the Kenwood Road area, Sycamore Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, it was not posted.

And yes, I looked around the doors for the window decals displayed.

If anyone else patronizes these and finds anything differently feel free to post, please.

At one time a law enforcement academy instructor actually told the assembled wannabe leos that the reason mall cops do not "carry," is that in the event that a felony like situation would develop, God forbid, protecting their live or that of another, they would probably "hit someone,": inside the mall.

Not sure if that is an exact paraphrase quote, but pretty close, though, floks.

When are the citizens gonna wake up, smell the coffee, and get this changed?

Just think over the years where these social malcreatns over strike first..the CPZ's seem to be the preferred target.
/
How many more have to get maimed or killed before this is changed?
Sparks2112

Post by Sparks2112 »

Yeah, it's one of the few places I'm forced to see stickers :-/ they're very thorough .
--
J.M. Johnston
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

"rant on"
You know all those stickers are meant for local thugs because when a thug sees a GB sticker he/she is going to stop turn around, go disarm and then enter the mall. Why!!!! Because that is how the honest gangstas roll man

"rant off"
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
Tmade

Post by Tmade »

Rant on! LOL

I was at the firestone dealer there a couple of weeks ago to get my tires rotated so I decided to take a walk while they tried to rotate my tires and figure out how much they were going to try and rip me off for in "additional necessary services". So I strolled over to the old mall and saw the gb signs everywhere. I just said, oh well I'll take my business elsewhere.

I've not been back since and don't anticipate ever wanting to. Since I've been carrying I've become more cognizant of GB signs and businesses I will and won't patronize. And the old kenwood mall...definitely on the NOT list!
Mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does"...and with the current administration...there's a lot of doing going on...LOL
NRA Instructor
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Tmade wrote:Rant on! LOL

I was at the firestone dealer there a couple of weeks ago to get my tires rotated so I decided to take a walk while they tried to rotate my tires and figure out how much they were going to try and rip me off for in "additional necessary services". So I strolled over to the old mall and saw the gb signs everywhere. I just said, oh well I'll take my business elsewhere.

I've not been back since and don't anticipate ever wanting to. Since I've been carrying I've become more cognizant of GB signs and businesses I will and won't patronize. And the old kenwood mall...definitely on the NOT list!
Camargo Auto over in Madeira is a better place to get your car worked on than Firestone.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Tmade

Post by Tmade »

schmieg wrote: Camargo Auto over in Madeira is a better place to get your car worked on than Firestone.
Yes, any place is better than firestone. I bought my tires there and get free rotation and balance, but hate the place. Everytime I take it to the place they come up with one of those, here's the things we should fix or maintenance and those things end up not working right after I leave the place.

Next rotation I'm standing guard over the *^$# car and telling them tires only...don't touch anything else!

Anyway, it was good to realize that I don't have to worry about going to the old kenwood town center anymore. I never liked the place anyway and the Dicks sporting goods doesn't even carry any hunting or fishing stuff. OH well...
Mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does"...and with the current administration...there's a lot of doing going on...LOL
NRA Instructor
opine25

Post by opine25 »

Curious as to why Dick's does not carry firearms at this location, does it have something to do with the mall owners and there tremendous GB sign fetish?

- Thomas Paine
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

opine25 wrote:Curious as to why Dick's does not carry firearms at this location, does it have something to do with the mall owners and there tremendous GB sign fetish?
It would be a guess, but I'd say that gonna be right on the mark.

Their's is heavy on the "sport" in "sporting goods." Small camping /backpacking section, a few paintball guns, and the rest sports.
usmale

Post by usmale »

I live in the Cincinnati area, and don't go to that mall because of the CPZ, there is so many shops in the area, like several Dick's sporting goods, book shops ect, no need to shop there ......just my 2 cents

I went to Value City in Eastgate last week and they are a CPZ, so I left them a card and went else where,
- OFCC member -
-NRA Life Member-
Hamilton County Sheriff's dept Academy class of 1982

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development... It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.-Jeff Cooper
jashworth03

Post by jashworth03 »

Just as a quick heads up... If you enter through Talbots on the side of the mall, there are no signs posted. All the public mall entrance doors are posted. I just always go in talbots ;)
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

jashworth03 wrote:Just as a quick heads up... If you enter through Talbots on the side of the mall, there are no signs posted. All the public mall entrance doors are posted. I just always go in talbots ;)
First, welcome!

You're talking about Kenwood Towne Center, which is mentioned in several recurring threads about its CPZ/ not CPZ status.
I'd caution you about knowingly bypassing premises that are posted. Up to you, but why spend money where you know they don't support your rights?

However, THIS thread is about the place across the street... now called Sycamore Crossing, formerly Kenwood Mall