Ashtabula Mall/Dunhams Sports

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Ashtabula Mall/Dunhams Sports

Post by Birdman »

I visited the Ashtabula Mall, which is now the new home of Dunhams Sports. I know the mall was a CPZ under Caffaro ownership and still is with new owners, but now Dunhams sells "weapons" in the mall. "Weapons" are forbidden in the mall. I asked the gun counter guy how they can sell "weapons". He said they have to take them out the back door to the customer. What a joke. The sheeple might see a shotgun in the mall and FREAK out! I did welcome him and his store to the mall but told him they should work on the mall management on the CCW/weapons issue. The mall has way too many empty stores as it is.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Sneaking around the back like we did something wrong! :x I think not. :roll:
Weights

Post by Weights »

This is another example of where the short drive to PA from Asthabula comes in handy, :D . I have NEVER seen a CPZ sign there, and even if you do, it means nothing, since you have to be notified first. I am sure getting tired of OH being plagued with the gun buster signs...
McM

Post by McM »

I just bought a rifle at Dunham's. I truly do not like that store for a multitude of reasons.

Whereas most stores factor the cost of the background check into the cost of the purchase and you only have to pay extra if you fail the check and can't buy the gun, it almost seems a point of pride with Dunham's that you must first go (to the front register, not the gun counter :evil:) and pay for a $2 fee before they will even run the background check. Then, upon checkout, they charge you an additional $3 fee "because that is what the ATF charges them to sell a gun."

I was on a personal boycott of Dunahm's last year after they wanted to copy my DL info to buy ammo. :? :evil: That policy has since been changed. Now I don't buy ammo there because it is 60% higher than anywhere else in creation.

Dunham's sucks, but their sales prices are sooooooooooooo cheap!
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne