Ohio City Veiw NO CPZ

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ohio City Veiw NO CPZ

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Went last night to Dick's with the wife and picked up a few things at City View. Then we had a taste for a burger and went to Fat Burgers, first time. Then we drove 10 minutes to Pat Catan's in Maple Hts. My wife counldn't find what she was looking for there, so we went back to City View,and went in to JoAnn Fabrics, found what she needed. It was a pleasnt night with the wife. Enough with the chi chat though. Of all the places I went to I was CC and did not see any CPZ signs. That made me feel good. Ohio, land of the free, and home of the brave. We always post places that have no gun signs. I thought for a change I would post places with out no gun signs. Stay Safe.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

That's nice to hear Carmen. Working the Dayton show last weekend I heard several people complain that they didn't see the benefit of a CHL, with all the prohibited locations.

I seem to go through my day with no real issues regarding CPZ's. I always seem to find an alternative.

Don't misunderstand, I firmly believe we need to keep plugging away at getting the signs removed, but they wouldn't hinder my decision, if I had to make it again, to get a CHL.
Campdaddy

Post by Campdaddy »

oldmic wrote: Working the Dayton show last weekend I heard several people complain that they didn't see the benefit of a CHL, with all the prohibited locations.
I've heard the same thing a few times when I've tried talking with some pro-gun friends of mine. Any advice on a reply?
mreising

Post by mreising »

Campdaddy wrote:
oldmic wrote: Working the Dayton show last weekend I heard several people complain that they didn't see the benefit of a CHL, with all the prohibited locations.
I've heard the same thing a few times when I've tried talking with some pro-gun friends of mine. Any advice on a reply?
Tell them that the vast majority of businesses still don't post and besides, the more licensees we get the stronger our voice will be. The other answer would be that it makes it easier to transport a handgun in a vehicle.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

mreising wrote:
Campdaddy wrote:
Tell them that the vast majority of businesses still don't post and besides, the more licensees we get the stronger our voice will be. The other answer would be that it makes it easier to transport a handgun in a vehicle.
Yup.
makdaddy

Post by makdaddy »

caz263 wrote:{removed-sabalo}
I guess some of us choose to obey the law?
If waterboarding was a sexual preference, it would be taught in public schools.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

caz263 wrote:{removed-sabalo}
caz, I will try to enlighten.

It's because we've spent our entire lives being good citizens by playing by the rules and generally respecting our laws.

We're not about to go flaunt our unalienable right to bear arms in the infancy of our CCW permit.

Some of use have waited a LONG time to be able to lawfully carry in Ohio. I for one am not going to enter "the system" by rolling into CPZs armed up just because I conceal well. There are members who carried / do carry under the "prudent person going armed" defense for years. God bless 'em and I'm very happy they never had to test that law in court.

That and the OFCC does not want us promoting the flaunting of our young CCW law on their discussion board.
andiamo

Post by andiamo »

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................................FAT BURGERS!!!!
ci vici pacem para bellum