Metal dedectors

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Metal dedectors

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Just heard on the news that metal dedectors are installed in the mayors office and also in the office of the superentendents office. Oh ya, they also found metal detectors,BRAND NEW in the basement of city hall never used, dated 2003, thats right 2003 and never installed. Apparently the mayor is more important then the kids of Cleveland. :oops:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
WeHaunt

Post by WeHaunt »

I'm still trying to figure out why the superintendent had to run his new security plan by the mayor first. Who is running the school system any whey.
If it's the mayor then why are we paying Eugene that big fat check for. Did you see the press conference when Eugene was asked why the school head quarters had 6 or 7 metal detectors and guards but the schools did not have any? Then as usual the idiot mayor had to put his 2 cents in, blah blah blah, I'm mayor Frank Jackson and I have a plan.
NERES

Post by NERES »

Well, first of all any bureaucratic entity is comprised of members who defer to those above them and who will not take on any personal responsibility which is not in their job description.

The members, usually elected, will make policy and statements according to what they perceive and which will be publicly acceptable. They do so many times out of ignorance of the truth about issues before them.

If you want to change this, contact them, educate them. Keep clearly in mind that a major objective for them is to get reelected. They are responding to the noisy minority who contact them. Be a part of a new noisy minority which shares your opinions.

I've been there and done that and it works.
Zen

Post by Zen »

Wow, metal detectors. I bet they feel safe now.

Just don't ask them how that stops a nut case with a shotgun from walking right through it and shooting the first person who objects.
Never submit, comply or follow the commands of an attacker...

OFCC & NRA Member
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I think the Cleveland Mayor took over the school system years ago, as it was such a disaster. Now, it's a bigger disaster. Each and every mayor has had a plan - most of them want to get in, and get out, before the city completes circling the drain.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Tweed Ring wrote:I think the Cleveland Mayor took over the school system years ago, as it was such a disaster. Now, it's a bigger disaster. Each and every mayor has had a plan - most of them want to get in, and get out, before the city completes circling the drain.
You are correct. This occurred during the Mayor White administration. It's just never reverted to complete school board control...so the Superintendent is technically supervised by the Mayor.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

Nice, submit a security plan to a mayor who can't secure his own city. BRILLIANT!
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Idiocy in Cleveland on display.

If it wasn't for the great restaurants, Warehouse District, E. 4th, Tribe, Browns, Cavs, theatre, Rock Hall and work I would never venture into that town.

*sigh*
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

If it wasn't for the great restaurants, Warehouse District, E. 4th, Tribe, Browns, Cavs, theatre, Rock Hall and work I would never venture into that town.

:? ?

The Browns bring you into the City??

I think they are responsible for driving more people out than in.

Just :P (razzing) ya!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Read the mayor's brother is in charge of, amongst other matters, school security for the Cleveland School system. At least they do manage to keep the money, and ineptitude, in the family..
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Tweed Ring wrote:Read the mayor's brother is in charge of, amongst other matters, school security for the Cleveland School system. At least they do manage to keep the money, and ineptitude, in the family..
Where did you hear that ? That would be a little strange to have a relative on that job. It does explain though why the security stinks.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Read it in a free Cleveland weekly. He had been appointed some time ago. Patronage, like the sun rising in the East, is a given in Cleveland. The brother reports to the superintendent, who then reports to the mayor. I worked at “the Hall” when I got out of school, and our people did the same thing with hiring. Big city politics=big city patronage.

All the metal detectors and armed security guards in the world will only slow, but generally not stop, a determined individual bent on violence. This kid could have easily waited in the parking lot to shoot his teacher. I hope they burn whomever sold or gave him the revolvers.