Kings Island trouble

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jacksnack

Kings Island trouble

Post by jacksnack »

OK, I was almost positive KI was a CPZ. But, I thought to further "the cause", I would call the customer service line and ask.

THE CALL

"Hello, I will be visiting your park in the next few weeks. I have a valid CHL and need to know how you handle guests such as myself." I said.

"No problem, just speak to security and advise them you have a firearm. It will be locked up at the entrance." she replied.

"Wow...Great, see you in a few weeks." I exclaimed.

THE VISIT

So today I entered the park, walked to security and advised them I had a firearm. I was directed to a "higher up" that lead me to the room to secure my firearm.

By this time I am thinking..."KI has it together. They must have dealt with KY CHL guests as they have had a CHL law before Ohio. This is great.":D

Security says "Just let me see you BADGE ". :oops:

"What, I only have a license." I replied.

"Uh, you can't have a gun here. Only LE are permitted to have firearms on the property. You are breaking a law because the is private property." she said.

Well, this is bad. Obviously some told me incorrectly. I corrected her and said.

"First, I am not automatically breaking a law due to this private property. The property owner needs to advise guests no guns are allowed. Second, the "law I broke" is a 4th degree misdemeanor...pretty lame." I said. I decided to stop while I was behind and shut up. Arguing with a gun is bad news.

So back to the car I went. However, as I left I advised her there are almost 100,000 of us, plus the folks from KY.

Funny thing is, SHE WANTS TO GET HER CHL! We chuckled and parted company. She fully understood.

The morale of this story "KI is a CPZ". :roll:

A letter will be sent to KI, praising the professionalism of the security staff and condemning thier silly policy. If LE can lock up a firearm, why can't we? :roll:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does Kings Island use metal detectors/wands? Seems like my shaky memory recalls an earlier thread to which the answer to that question was "Yes, sometimes."
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Oh yes, they use metal detectors AND wands. They also implement a strict garment search policy.
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

I took a cage full of newborn hamsters to there animal sitter when I was there once. They were really confused, but did a fine job with them. It seems the staff is almost always courteous and helpful. I just wish they weren't a CPZ. (And they have metal detectors now, don't they? That's a new sad development since the last time I was last there).
Ohio Medical Reserve Corps -- volunteer today!

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." -- President George Washington
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

charles1198 wrote:I took a cage full of newborn hamsters to there animal sitter when I was there once. They were really confused, but did a fine job with them. It seems the staff is almost always courteous and helpful. I just wish they weren't a CPZ. (And they have metal detectors now, don't they? That's a new sad development since the last time I was last there).
You never want to go to Kings Island on nights in the summer when they've got their heavy metal concerts. They turn the metal detectors up to "beep when the wind blows." They've had problems in the past where gang bangers show up for the concert and start knifing each other over stupid stuff. Talk about a time when you wish you were carrying.

Last time I was there (two years ago) I recall that they had CPZ signs at the entrance to the parking lot.
Zen

Post by Zen »

I left my handgun locked in the car, but forgot about my extra magazine :oops: At the gate they couldn't decide if it was allowed or not. I finally got tired of my family waiting for me and took it back to the car.

On a previous occasion they wouldn't allow me to bring in a 'swiss army' type knife, whose longest blade was 1". Maybe they thought I'd scratch someone to death, or if I threatened someone, they might die laughing :roll:
Never submit, comply or follow the commands of an attacker...

OFCC & NRA Member
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

They had me put my gerber multitool back in the car.

I guess they didn't want me to go on plier rampage.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

The security guard "grabbed" my Kershaw Leek and advised it was also not allowed.

My wife carries a small keychain unit devised to punch a hole in auto glass and cut a seatbelt for emergency escape.

A small "slit" allows the belt (and nothing else) to meet the "blade". They almost rejected it for entry. After one trip to the car drop off my gun, I wasn't about to venture back that way again. We were admitted.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself (Computer,GameCube, Drums...etc., than give Kings Island my $$.

I'd be fuming thru out the day.
I have a low tolerance for this type of nonsense.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Jake, I was fuming. :twisted: I settled down later and enjoyed my wife and son.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I can see why they don't allow CC in the park itself. Some posters on this site mentioning seeing peoples firearms become detached from the person when the fall down. It's not hard to imagine a handgun coming loose on some of thiose rides the way some people carry.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

I sent a polite letter to KI...still awaiting a response.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I can see why they don't allow CC in the park itself. Some posters on this site mentioning seeing peoples firearms become detached from the person when the fall down. It's not hard to imagine a handgun coming loose on some of thiose rides the way some people carry.
Granted, but they provide lockers for LEO... :roll: :evil:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skyking

Post by skyking »

Metal detectors? Wands? This isn't the King's Island I have fond memories of - granted it's been many years. Was thinking of taking the kids next summer, but if such communesque creepishness is what they have to offer I'll just save save the money and get them some DVD's of the old Soviet Union.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
-- Robert A Heinlein
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Jake wrote:I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself ...
I'd be fuming thru out the day.
I have a low tolerance...
So says manpurse man!

:lol:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."