Kings Island trouble

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Jake wrote:
I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself ...
I'd be fuming thru out the day.
I have a low tolerance...
So says manpurse man!
:roll:

I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself (Computer,GameCube, Drums...etc., than give Kings Island my $$.
I only added the bold words to keep myself in good graces around here with the Mods! :wink:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Jake wrote:Jake wrote:
I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself ...
I have a low tolerance...
So says manpurse man!
:roll:

I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself (Computer,GameCube, Drums...etc., than give Kings Island my $$.
I only added the bold words to keep myself in good graces around here with the Mods! :wink:
C'Mon, Jake! I'm just busting your chops! It's late, the Indians won, I've been working at this computer for too long and I should really be in bed...

But you make it sooooo easy! :lol:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I'm an easy going guy.....waddya expect? :wink:

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Jake wrote:I'm an easy going guy.....waddya expect? :wink:
A drummer can't be all THAT bad, right? :D
Chris

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I've met a few who were off kilter! :?

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Jake wrote:I've met a few who were off kilter! :?
or..."off beat"? Sorry!
Chris

boyo

Post by boyo »

Honestly, I dont think I would carry my gun onto a coaster, both of the holsters I have, I feel secure carrying my gun in, but I dont know about the being flipped and thrown around how well they would hold up.
But I dont think it's right that they offer lockup for LEO's but won't offer them to ccw'ers.
I try to avoid kings island at all costs since they put in the metal detectors.
Remember, TSA Officers are just like you. They have rules to follow to, regardless of how silly they may seem, that are determined by upper management.There's no reason to take it out on them.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I dont think I would carry my gun onto a coaster, both of the holsters I have, I feel secure carrying my gun in, but I dont know about the being flipped and thrown around how well they would hold up.
Get a Serpa. It'll hold up.

GlockGuy

Re: Kings Island trouble

Post by GlockGuy »

Happened to be at KI yesterday. The metal detectors were there and operational, but they had to have the senstivity turned way down as I walked through with my belt buckle, phone, keys, etc. all on me.

The CPZ signs are posted as you drive through the parking lot, AFTER you pay your $10 to park there.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Thread resurection....

I never did receive a reply, surprise - surprise. :x

Soon the CPZ signs will be useless for criminal liability.
Ring

Re:

Post by Ring »

jacksnack wrote:Oh yes, they use metal detectors AND wands. They also implement a strict garment search policy.

ceder point dont...
djhobbes

Re: Re:

Post by djhobbes »

Ring wrote:
jacksnack wrote:Oh yes, they use metal detectors AND wands. They also implement a strict garment search policy.

ceder point dont...

I guess your're saying that Cedar Point doesn't use metal detectors, which is correct; however, they do have signs posted and the ban is also mentioned in their pamphlet/map that they hand out when you park. Their position on CCW is pretty obvious...
"It is easy to be brave from a safe distance." -AESOP
Fyresq

Post by Fyresq »

Yesterday I was at King's Island and when I got to the metal detectors I was preparing to empty my pockets but the guy waved me through. The thing didn't go off despite a large wad of keys, belt buckle, watch, pocket full of change, phone, camera bag, and several screws in my left knee. The security officer was a older fella, probably working to supplement his retirement, asked if I had a camera in the bag, I told him yes and he asked to look inside. All he did was peek inside the main compartment, he didn't look inside the other pockets or pouches. It's a medium sized gadget bag and I can fit a 1911 and a couple of mags in the front compartment, my J-frame and several speed strips in one of the end compartments and several knives and spare mags in the other. I got there not to long after the park opened and nobody was behind us in line so they can't use that as an excuse either, I think they were more concerned about people trying to sneak in food then weapons.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

I guess I will never be going to KI. Any place that wants my money then demands that I go through a metal detector doesn't get my money.

Code: Select all

METAL DETECTORS AT PARK ENTRANCES

The safety of our guests and associates is our number one priority. We need your assistance in an effort to make the park entry process as efficient as possible. Here's how you can help:

* Please leave all non-essential purses, backpacks, book bags, fanny packs and other bags and packages at home or locked in the trunk of your car.
    * Please understand that ALL vehicles, packages and persons are subject to search upon entry. You will be asked to open purses, backpacks or other bags for inspection upon entry. Please note that food and drinks MAY NOT be brought into the park.
    * Weapons of any kind and illegal substances are not permitted on Kings Island property. If these items are found during a search, the items and the individual may be turned over to law enforcement.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re:

Post by evan price »

Jake wrote:I think I'd rather stay home and play with myself (Computer,GameCube, Drums...etc., than give Kings Island my $$.

I have a low tolerance for this type of nonsense.

Really, Jake? :mrgreen:
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.