Meijer- CCW Policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by JustaShooter »

Roller wrote:OK, question for JustaShooter; What do you mean by “host them elsewhere”? Remember I’m digitally challenged!
You have to have them uploaded somewhere on the internet. There are free services that let you upload images, and then link to them in the forum.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
eugene

Post by eugene »

With Ohio law being non-specific as to wording and / or symbol could a sign that says open carry prohibited but also has a symbol of a gun with a slash though it be interpreted as the symbol also meaning no firearms should they or someone want to enforce it that way?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

eugene wrote:With Ohio law being non-specific as to wording and / or symbol could a sign that says open carry prohibited but also has a symbol of a gun with a slash though it be interpreted as the symbol also meaning no firearms should they or someone want to enforce it that way?
Hard to say. Personally it wouldn't concern me much. I can't read minds.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

I spent 30 minutes on the phone this morning with a Meijer corporate customer service supervisor trying to understand their firearms policy. She was polite enough, but seemed lost outside of what sounded like reading a company PR release on guns. All the standard, "....safety of our customers and employees are foremost...." stuff, but nothing definitive. So I asked if there was a difference in Meijer's policy between a legally concealed handgun and a handgun legally open carried. When she started to reread the same thing she previously read, I stopped her and asked if it was against corporate policy for me to carry a gun in the store. There was a noticeable pause before she said something "we ask" that guns not be carried openly in our stores.

This type stuff {inappropriate language} me off. Business owners should have the courage of their convictions, however ill founded they might be. I have more respect for a business that takes a plainly stated "no guns" policy than one that waffles and tries to placate the anti-gun types, while at the same time seeks to retain the business of pro-gun people.
marca

Post by marca »

The current sign says “Open carry prohibited”. Stop bothering them, conceal your gun and shut up.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

marca wrote:The current sign says “Open carry prohibited”. Stop bothering them, conceal your gun and shut up.
Wow! That would make for a great signature line. Oh, wait, I already have one. :lol:

Col Duke, I'll second marca's excellent advice here.

********************************************************************************
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

marca wrote:The current sign says “Open carry prohibited”. Stop bothering them, conceal your gun and shut up.
Must be a different sign on your Meijer's.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Guess I shouldn't assume that all Meijer stores everywhere are on the same page regarding signage. Think going forward I'll stick to focusing on the eight or so in my personal orbit.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Is there a mask sign also?

These idiotic signs are no more protective than the laws behind them. Criminals don't care and you should be more concerned with a potential criminal than a silly sign enforced by a non-binary purple haired 20 something.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bignflnut wrote:Is there a mask sign also?
Not at the Meijer stores I've been to.

eugene

Post by eugene »

bignflnut wrote:These idiotic signs are no more protective than the laws behind them. Criminals don't care and you should be more concerned with a potential criminal than a silly sign enforced by a non-binary purple haired 20 something.
But Biden is sending thousands of "Rockets Prohibited" and "No Missile" signs to Poland and the Ukraine so they can protect their borders with russia.

I haven't been in Meijer since this thread started,
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

eugene wrote:
I haven't been in Meijer since this thread started,
Full disclosure: I have a weakness for their fresh baked cookies. Kroger and Walmart don't come close. Almost no mom n pop bakeries around here anymore.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

https://www.facebook.com/BlackSheepBaking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get em shipped.
Hand rolled - better than grandmas - I guar-own-tee it.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Forgot to mention...5-10 seconds in the microwave...and your favorite beverage.

Get some.

Berettas4me

Post by Berettas4me »

I dont know what forum policy is here..some want new threads, others want to use existing ones...so...

Meijer over here had the NO GUNS sign for a while starting later last year 2022.
At some point over that time the Hilliard Rome store at least replaced it with a 'open carry prohibited' sign.

someone told me that Meijer had posted the wrong signs and actually only mean to prohibit open carry the entire time.
I looked back a bit on google searches and it does seem like they took that position a long while ago.

For now Im perfectly fine with the No Open Carry given I dont carry open ever anyway. I personally dont want crimanals knowing where my gun is until I would have to draw it.
So we finally went back to shopping at Meijer in Hilliard. As long as I CAN carry there, Ill support the company.