Meijer- CCW Policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Postby JustaShooter » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:30 pm

docachna wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Sorry but I'm not buying it. Meijer isn't some small mom & pop store, they have corporate lawyers and they know (or should know) that the no guns graphic means no guns period, not merely open carry. OTOH, lets take them at their word that they really are that ignorant about the meaning of the stickers. If someone had that letter with them, would that be a defense if one were stopped or questioned should it be inadvertently discovered someone was concealed carrying in their store? ........

A point that will be very expensive for you to make if you get charged. Fine if local store mgmt or local LEO buy into your point.

Agreed. I've seen some claim the LEO would not arrest them based on the letter, to which I say, he'll laugh at your piece of paper from the internet as he cuffs you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Postby Brian D. » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:19 pm

I'll state this one more time: Those blue colored "no guns" decals on the windows next to the doors at Meijer are thick, lack much adhesive, and peel off the glass easily. Normally not my brand of activism*, but sometimes polite discourse and diplomacy are not helpful. Speaking with store managers seems pointless here, and according to what others on this thread related, the corporate folks are all over the place with exactly what the current policy actually is.

A wise man once told me "If you don't like the music, talk to the organ grinder not the monkey!" That's often been good advice, but in this case everyone below the Meijer CEO seems to be monkeys. Anybody got good contact info for this organ grinder?

*I've edited/removed illegal "no guns" signage from public parks in both Ohio and Kentucky a few times over the last several years, when legitimate means of communication proved useless. In most instances that worked.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Postby M-Quigley » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:49 am

docachna wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Sorry but I'm not buying it. Meijer isn't some small mom & pop store, they have corporate lawyers and they know (or should know) that the no guns graphic means no guns period, not merely open carry. OTOH, lets take them at their word that they really are that ignorant about the meaning of the stickers. If someone had that letter with them, would that be a defense if one were stopped or questioned should it be inadvertently discovered someone was concealed carrying in their store? ........

A point that will be very expensive for you to make if you get charged. Fine if local store mgmt or local LEO buy into your point.

I agree. I never said that I would do that, nor do I encourage anyone to do that either. It wouldn't surprise me though if someone else out there does it. It would really be ironic if that person's name was "Mikey" :roll:

In my case being arrested wouldn't be something to be concerned with anyway, as the closest Meijer to me is in Indiana, and unlike Ohio, no guns stickers do not have the force of law that Ohio does. Regardless of this, I'm not rewarding Meijer with any of my money as long as the stickers are up. They don't sell anything that I can't get somewhere else.
M-Quigley

Previous

Return to Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)