Louisville (KY) Mega Cavern

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Col Duke

Louisville (KY) Mega Cavern

Post by Col Duke »

We are considering visiting the cavern in a week or so. Anyone know if it's posted? I thought it was a city owned park, but according to their website, it's actually classified as a privately owned building.
Col Duke

Re: Louisville (KY) Mega Cavern

Post by Col Duke »

So we went to the Mega Cavern today, and it was posted as soon as you drive on to the property, "Carrying Concealed Weapons Is Prohibited." Above those words is the standard "gunbuster" image, below them is the applicable Kentucky statue. Those signs are a couple feet tall and posted in multiple places throughout and at all entrances.

I asked the manager on duty if open carry was permitted. She seemed perplexed by the question, but after I explained the difference between open and concealed carry, she said no weapons of any kind no matter how carried we allowed. She was quite pleasant, so I let it drop.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Louisville (KY) Mega Cavern

Post by Javelin Man »

Thank you for letting us know about the posting. I have, on occasion, open carried when a sign is posted "No concealed carry permitted".
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George