Huntington Bank

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Amegatek

Re: Huntington Bank

Post by Amegatek »

My branch is now posted as well. I pulled up to the drive up ATM to get cash on Friday and it was down for an (Windows?) update. I pulled around and parked in front of the door. I noticed a very low profile no weapons allowed sign. It was quite unobtrusive. It actually blended into the design on the door. (What about in plain sight?) Also, the only reason I noticed it was because I was in my car. The sign is posted toward the bottom of the door. An earlier post stated the bank said "They were posting to protect their employees and customers". From what? From me? A lawfully licensed, fully background checked, CCW licensee? As we all know, criminals don't obey the law, let alone signs. To my knowledge, my branch hasn't been robbed since I've been banking there (at least 10 years). Did it occur to anyone that, maybe that is so, because they weren't a posted CPZ? I would imagine most criminals would chose a posted bank over a non posted bank. Less chance of an armed good guy ruining your day. SMH :roll:
Glock 30 Gen 4 (.45 ACP)
FN 509 MRD (9mm)
Sig Sauer P320 X-Carry (9mm)
Sig Sauer P365 XL (9mm)
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

My family & myself have been w/ Huntington since, oh, 1970ish. Save 3 years.

How much longer is determined by this policy alone
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

kcclark wrote:Visited my usual branch and the branch with my safe deposit box today. Both posted.
Visited my "usual" branch today. Sign was gone. Management was not in to ask what had changed.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

kcclark wrote:Visited my "usual" branch today. Sign was gone. Management was not in to ask what had changed.
"Don't poke the bear" leave well enough alone & walk out with a smile on your face :mrgreen:
BOB
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I got everything done and closed my accounts in early April. Today I received an email asking why I closed my checking account. I let them know exactly why, the no gun sign on the front door, I closed the account. Has anyone else received an email after closing their account?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Didn't have to close as of visit last week. Asked teller about no signs and the response was, they didn't receive them yet. It was kinda sorta like, ''that check is in the mail, :wink: honest'' kind of response.

Time will tell ultimately, and as time goes on, it certainly is...telling.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

My bank in Middletown, First Financial, posted for the first time since the OH concealed carry law was put in place in 2004. This posting was in Jan of 2019. Since then, they have had three armed robberies at their branches. My letters to the President only got the standard "we are doing it for increased security" answer. My opinion is that this is part of the national push by the anti gunners to take away financial capability for the gun industry which started in NY.
Last edited by Roller on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay safe; Check 360
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Roller wrote:My bank in Middletown, First Financial, posted for the first time since the OH concealed carry law was put in place in 2004. This posting was in Jan of 2019. Since then, they have had three armed robberies at their branches. My letters to the President only got the standard "we are doing it for increased security" answer. My opinion is that this is part of the national push by the anti gunners to take away financial capability for the fun industry which started in NY.
Freudian slip?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

I just let my fingers do the walking and they ran away from me.
Stay safe; Check 360
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

My local Huntington in Navarre hasn't posted yet, although the manager said they were coming, but he's wondering if they changed their minds on this as it has been quite a while since corp said they were going to post their branches.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

None of the branches I use are posted yet either. I'm hoping this means they changed their minds.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

I almost always do my banking online or via ATM, but I had a check in hand the other day so I walked to Huntington.

No sign posted on the one in Deer Park at this time.

Finger crossed.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

ashtabula wrote:I got everything done and closed my accounts in early April. Today I received an email asking why I closed my checking account. I let them know exactly why, the no gun sign on the front door, I closed the account. Has anyone else received an email after closing their account?
I haven't closed any accounts yet, but I apparently have enough money in all my accounts combined that I got a call from a person from their main branch, (she wasn't from my local one ), that wanted to speak with me about investing with them.

I was polite, but mentioned the gun issue that's going around concerning Huntington wanting to post all their banks and that I wouldn't invest until I know what they are going to do.

She "seemed" to know nothing about the posting of their banks.

Like most others, I will keep all of my accounts with them for now, unless or until they post . I didn't have the heart to tell her the money she wanted me to invest with them was going somewhere else regardless, soon.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Ohio_patriot

Post by Ohio_patriot »

There’s a Huntington by me (corner of Triskett & Berea Roads) doesn’t allow guns inside, limits the amount of customers inside at a time, and has metal detectors. They’ve been robbed a lot and got sick of it.
Sig Sauer P365
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

I drove by the branch in my area (in the strip mall near Ridge and W. Ridgewood in Parma) and didn't see any signs on the door. I didn't get out and look, but from 30' feet away sitting in my car there were no signs.