Can I still get my CCW renewed?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cooter

Can I still get my CCW renewed?

Post by Cooter »

Can I still get my current Ohio CCW renewed even after Constitutional Carry becomes effective in Ohio? I’m asking this for travel purposes. Without a CCW license, our reciprocity list with other states is greatly diminished. A lot of states that currently have their own Constitutional Carry, only recognize their citizens as legal. They will reciprocate recognition of my CCW license but only if I still posses one.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Can I still get my CCW renewed?

Post by JustaShooter »

Yes, you will be able to renew your CHL when the new unlicensed carry law takes effect on June 13th. The current licensing scheme will not change so people will still be able to get and renew a CHL.

One additional note, of the states that currently have unlicensed carry, only one prohibits nonresidents from carrying without a license - North Dakota. The rest, including OH, WV, KY, and on July 1, IN, allow nonresidents to carry without a license.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Can I still get my CCW renewed?

Post by JustaShooter »

Oh, and since this is your first post, welcome to the OFCC forums! You'll need to get 4 more posts approved by the moderators before your posts are pre-approved, and then you'll also be able to send PMs.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!