Business Owner pays for CCW Classes/Licenses for employees

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Business Owner pays for CCW Classes/Licenses for employees

Post by catfish86 »

Topic came up in another topic. I am restarting this topic in another topic so as not to hijack the other.

I am a business owner. With my latest hire I now have 7 employees. I paid for an entire class for my employees and family. I am now paying for a second round since I have 3 employees interested. I paid for one of my employees to get their license (I don't pay for the gun...gotta draw a line somewhere 8) ). I also highly encourage them to get legal insurance for carrying.

My feeling is that I want to be a hard target. It is a tax/accounting practice and we do have some questionable clients that we do their tax returns. Twice in about 20 years we have had a client require police attention. We are not Dirty Harry in mindset. But we believe in having the tools.

There were a couple of questions asked:

I had one guy that didn't take the class. He later left the firm for other unrelated reasons. I have another who intends to stay for the long run but has depression issues and prefers not to have a firearm.

As to the potential employees not having the right attitude to go armed, I would generally steer clear of those folks anyway since our stock and trade is being good, sane, sober and moral people.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Business Owner pays for CCW Classes/Licenses for employe

Post by AzRanger »

Great idea, good for you!! 8)