Carrying takedown carbine in backpack?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Carrying takedown carbine in backpack?

Post by JustaShooter »

SSChevyMan wrote:
evan price wrote:I frequently carry a keltec sub2000 in a gym bag or backpack. Since the folded sub can't be fired unless unfolded it is not 'ready to hand'.
That's my story anyway.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. It isn't readily fireable even if it was in a backpack... let alone in a collapsed state where I literally couldn't fire it without some reassembly.
You do you of course, but the root problem is that *you* don't get to decide what constitutes "ready at hand". If discovered, the following get to make that call, one at a time: the cop, prosecutor, and finally the judge and jury. And each step along the way takes more time, energy, and treasure to resolve - even if it ends up being resolved in your favor. The risk here is the seizure of your firearms, a felony charge, and a life-long removal of your firearms rights. That's a significant risk, especially since there are options available that eliminate the risk entirely.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm thinking about the same as JustaShooter on this topic. That's a lot of gray area, and the legal system isn't normally a friend to people who put themselves there when they didn't need to in the first place. There are AR and AK platform handguns that don't get legally dicey most places, at least until you put a "brace" on them.

In my case I just stick with holstering and carrying a conventional handgun.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Just ask a policeman or a ranger! :)
I think your sarcasm was misunderstood a little further down the page, Jav. A few posts up from mine here.
Yep. 8) :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Carry an AR pistol. You can still brake it down and carry it in your pack but now it's covered by your CHL... 8)