Chl suspension va expired

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nckheinrich

Chl suspension va expired

Post by nckheinrich »

So at risk of being flamed. I've been absent due to me kinda losing my chl. Without going into detail I encountered some legal trouble where my chl was revoked. Ended up not being even indicted so able to renew my chl. Also since then my orginal chl permit would have expired.

So in the last five years I've been in contact with Leo for number of times. 90% of the time the conversation goes like this. (L) You have any weapons? (M) no my chl has expired and I have not renewed it. (L) actually its suspended so if you were to have a weapon if would be against the law. Followed by some kinda mostly positive interaction.

My question is does anyone know anything about this? First just cause your chl has been suspended if your not prohibited from owning firearms wouldnt you still be allowed to open carry?
2nd suspension supercedes expiration??? isn't end result the same?
3rd mostly for those leos reading those reading this, what pulls up the chl info name or plate I've since changed plates
4th. Which I kinda can assume the answer should I clear the suspension easy process as long as the sheriff's employee in charge is not on vacation lol.
Multiple firearms is not an arsenal... it's an investment.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Chl suspension va expired

Post by JustaShooter »

nckheinrich wrote: First just cause your chl has been suspended if your not prohibited from owning firearms wouldnt you still be allowed to open carry?
It depends on the reason for the suspension and whether or not the issue has been resolved. Even if not convicted, if you are under indictment for an offense that places you under firearms disability, you cannot be in possession of a firearm.
nckheinrich wrote:2nd suspension supercedes expiration??? isn't end result the same?
Not exactly. I believe that once it has been suspended it must be reinstated.
nckheinrich wrote:4th. Which I kinda can assume the answer should I clear the suspension easy process as long as the sheriff's employee in charge is not on vacation lol.
Yes, you should clear the suspension.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!