forum turnover...

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: forum turnover...

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Yep, I remember used to carry strong side IWB and the seat belt would go behind the carry gun.
Don't know how that would work with AIWB :)
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Whirlwind06 wrote:Yep, I remember used to carry strong side IWB and the seat belt would go behind the carry gun.
If you suddenly needed that seat belt, it might make your carry holster an inside the appendix waist band. :shock:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Whirlwind06 wrote:Yep, I remember used to carry strong side IWB and the seat belt would go behind the carry gun.

Really simple and effective.

Get in, tuck shirt behind gun. Buckle up. Take chest strap, move behind gun.

Straight access, nothing in the way, and your seatbelt will work exactly as designed as well.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

jeep45238 wrote:

Straight access, nothing in the way, and your seatbelt will work exactly as designed as well.
Depends - are you on nothing but your hips? A seatbelt isn't designed for your abdomen, but bone structure. My six point harnesses are well below where it would work with an AIWB.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

pk47 wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:

Depends - are you on nothing but your hips? A seatbelt isn't designed for your abdomen, but bone structure. My six point harnesses are well below where it would work with an AIWB.
I don't seem to have any problems with the 5 point harness on my rail buggy when I take it on the road.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

pk47 wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:

The lap belt doesn't change position at all, it's across my belt line like normal. The chest belt lays on the same deal that it normally lays on when driving. Bone structure all the way. I also have normal cars, nothing with 5 or 6 point harnesses.

Just like this, except that I carry a service pistol, so the chest belt goes behind the grip for normal function of the belt, and ease of access.

I'm 5' 11" and 190 pounds.

Regarding possible medical concerns that you're alluding to, this is a good read.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/ ... ndix-carry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

I see how you use it now. Your wording wasn't clear; putting the chest strap "behind" the gun isn't what is pictured here; the only belt portion you can put behind it is the waist strap. The chest strap is on the same plane of your body as the gun.