Wright-Patterson AFB To Allow Transport of Firearms

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

buckeye43210

Wright-Patterson AFB To Allow Transport of Firearms

Post by buckeye43210 »

Wright-Patt AFB to allow transport of firearms for CCW permit holders with permission...
Holders of a Federal Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act permit, Ohio concealed carry permit, or another state’s concealed carry permit that has a reciprocity with the state of Ohio, will be authorized upon approval to transport secured, privately owned firearms in their privately owned vehicles on to Wright-Patterson AFB. Registration will be implemented in three phases beginning August 17.
https://www.445aw.afrc.af.mil/News/Arti ... e/2309790/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Wright-Patterson AFB To Allow Transport of Firearms

Post by WestonDon »

No mention of us unworthy serfs who wish to visit the unsecured area of the base (aka our museum.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WestonDon wrote:No mention of us unworthy serfs who wish to visit the unsecured area of the base (aka our museum.
Unsecured? When did that change? The last time I was there they had weapons detectors at the entrance and armed personnel.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

By "unsecured", I think WestonDon meant "open for the public to visit". M-Q we all get enough inaccurate terms thrown our way that we screw up and misuse them ourselves.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. However, I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've been there. If memory serves, visible security then consisted of a sign in the driveway.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Oh, okay. The last time I visited the museum was just before the covid stuff, but at that time you could enter the parking lot without being searched. If however you entered the inside of the building there was some kind of alleged weapon detector and and an armed guard or two asking you if you had any weapons. The machine must not have been a metal detector because you didn't have to remove any metal stuff prior to entering.