CCW in Another State?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Parkschr

CCW in Another State?

Post by Parkschr »

Hi, I’m new here. Was wondering if any of you have a CCW from another state. Would you recommend getting another CCW for another state?

Thanks
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CCW in Another State?

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to the OFCC forums!

I used to have a PA non-resident license because PA didn't recognize an Ohio Concealed Handgun License (aka CHL), plus the PA license allowed me to carry in a couple of additional states that my OH license didn't. Now, my Ohio CHL covers every state I need to go to and then some. And actually, almost every state that recognizes any out of state license recognizes an Ohio CHL- all but MN.

Is there a specific state you are interested in that your OH CHL doesn't cover?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Parkschr

Re: CCW in Another State?

Post by Parkschr »

JustaShooter wrote:Welcome to the OFCC forums!

I used to have a PA non-resident license because PA didn't recognize an Ohio Concealed Handgun License (aka CHL), plus the PA license allowed me to carry in a couple of additional states that my OH license didn't. Now, my Ohio CHL covers every state I need to go to and then some. And actually, almost every state that recognizes any out of state license recognizes an Ohio CHL- all but MN.

Is there a specific state you are interested in that your OH CHL doesn't cover?
No. Just wanted to make sure I get as many states as I can.