Vances CCW Class? anyone been thru?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Joe Sixpack

Vances CCW Class? anyone been thru?

Post by Joe Sixpack »

My mother and sister are both looking for a CCW class, I seen Vance has them at the Alum Creek location and they have ladies only classes (although I don't see any current scheduled)

I'm trying to find them a class and a ladies only sounds like it would be even better, Has anyone been thru one of their classes? good? bad?

Or other recommendations in and around Columbus?

Im hoping to find a class that will have a veriety of guns to expose them to.

My sister already has a snub nose 38, but my mother doesn't have much handgun exp, she has a 22 rifle.

She's pretty recoil sensitive, she won't touch anything in 9mm.. even my beretta 92 was "too much" for her.

My 6.5in taurus tracker was ok recoil wise with 38's in it but "too big, too heavy"

She has trouble racking the slide on a semi, someone suggested a M&P 380 ez, but she didn't like the size and I don't think she will deal with mags and malfunctions.

She did like the Ruger LCR in 22lr.. it's sub optimal for SD but I don't think I can get her into anything bigger or more powerful.. I have a few 22's and she likes them but I can't get her to touch anything center fire.

So im hoping what ever class I get her into will expose her to more options.
If you can't shoot well shoot often