Carry with expired license-Covid-19 related

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rundadrun

Carry with expired license-Covid-19 related

Post by rundadrun »

I am trying to renew my license which expired january 2019. I wasn't able to get an appointment until June 2, and I took that slot over a month ago. I would like your thoughts and hopefully some info on the legality of carrying with an expired license during this time of Covid shutdowns? I know that the Butler County Sheriff's office went to very limited appointments since Mid March. Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks!
JediSkipdogg

Re: Carry with expired license-Covid-19 related

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I would say since it is expired that long, you'd be risking an unclassified misdemeanor and $500 fine....

2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons....

(b)The offender shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined five hundred dollars if all of the following apply:

(i) The offender previously had been issued a concealed handgun license, and that license expired within the two years immediately preceding the arrest.

(ii) Within forty-five days after the arrest, the offender presents a concealed handgun license to the law enforcement agency that employed the arresting officer, and the offender waives in writing the offender's right to a speedy trial on the charge of the violation that is provided in section 2945.71 of the Revised Code.

(iii) At the time of the commission of the offense, the offender was not knowingly in a place described in division (B) of section 2923.126 of the Revised Code.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
rundadrun

Post by rundadrun »

Thank you! I will definitely wait!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

rundadrun wrote:Thank you! I will definitely wait!
Open carry,.... just unload and store properly in the car.
Black Rifles Matter
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Have you looked at any of your adjacent counties to see if they have any earlier slots available?
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
rundadrun

Post by rundadrun »

cashman966 wrote:Have you looked at any of your adjacent counties to see if they have any earlier slots available?
Yes sir! I am sticking with my Butler County date.Looks like every county put license processing on hold till June. At least the ones I checked that were adjacent.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I had my renewal at Lorain county last week.
It's ready for me to pick up, they were pretty quick.