Strange Times

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohio boy

Strange Times

Post by ohio boy »

I reach out to any other locked down voice's out there. I have been shooting soft air in the back yard just to see something go down range. I have a growing list of things to buy when the gun shows come back. Put new line on all my rods. Have been throwing practice casts in the front yard. I am getting better. Built a new pull behind fishing cart. Picked up all the big sticks in the yard, then all the little sticks. Now i just sit out front and envy the squirrel's freedom.

ohio boy
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Strange Times

Post by JustaShooter »

Right there with you! Picked up big sticks, little sticks, mowed twice, thought about nailing some squirrels with the airgun only to discover the seals have gone bad...

Wondering if the neighbors would call the cops if I set up in the back yard to do some dry-fire practice with the rifle to limber up and keep my prone, sitting and standing position skills from deteriorating any more than they already have.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't have a single closet, shelf, cabinet, drawer, etc. that hasn't been re-reorganized in the last couple weeks. Even my gun safe interior, which absolutely didn't need it in the first place.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I have been working remotely since this started, so still pretty busy, lot of video conference calls.

My local range/gun store is open, but I haven't been there in a few weeks now.
I'm tempted to go, just to see if their display cases are still empty and to get some range time.
Been dry firing a lot on my off hours.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Also working remotely from home, which saves me about 2 hours of travel per day but it doesn't feel like it.
I have a new appreciation for my wife that works from home(managing a team of Business Analysts), tends to 4 dogs, many outside critters along with much of the household chores.
She's getting a kitchen back together after new upper and lower cabinets built by a pair of 75ish year olds.
I'd love to make time for many things but I get tunnel vision into the honey-do-list.. and now add a couple hrs of mowing per week. Some call it job security :lol:
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

My wife has done all the cleaning, organizing, and painting while off. I'm still working nearly 50 hrs. a week on site. At least the traffic has been light.
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Attempted to teach wife to throw clays from a hand thrower. Busy now repairing neighbor's garage window.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

My project car, a supercharged 92 Miata has been up on jackstands four times in the last month. Now putting on a new exhaust....that it only kind of needed.

I walked the Las Vegas Strip last week. Unbelievably empty. A ghost town. Hardly any cars, mostly cops and security just bored. Every hotel entrance was barricaded off. Some hotels had exterior speakers playing some music and it just carried on echoing for blocks. Very reminiscent of doomsday movies. A shame as it was my first time there.

Next is organizing the garage and attic.

Interestingly enough, I've been flying more this month than February and March combined. On 737s with capacity for 168, usually there's anywhere from 2-30 passengers, though. ATC at the countries biggest airports are on skeleton crews. Half of Dallas-Fort Worth airport is closed down as one of the two control towers are unstaffed. With the low traffic, it makes no difference as there's no lines. Anywhere. Not even Dunkin Donuts.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Wife working 5 days a week (healthcare) and I am working on the rentals when not working for $$ doing either of my 2 essential trades allowed by the rules.
Thinking I will mow the grass tomorrow weather permitting.
Still need to clean the barn a bit sometime... To many things we don't need anymore, riding mowers, push mowers and a vintage tiller. The work truck needs straightened up pretty soon also.
We have a good and safe pistol/100 yd rifle range in one of the old gravel pits but haven't been shooting much. We will be soon now that the weather is getting better. :D
Our local gun range/gun club has been closed since this all happened... Man! I REALLY miss the sporting clay shoots!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Been teaching my son how to plink out back with the old Charger. I swear I have more fun with it than him most of the time.