Illinois and Texas transport

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Illinois and Texas transport

Post by Gramps »

Leaving around 4 in the morning. Daughter can't go do to work. Staying out of Illinois this trip. I am OK in Texas with the date of issue on my CHL. (Thanks folks!)
Driving 2000 miles gonna take a while but that is ok, done like this a few times before alone. Get to see some of this awesome counties scenery.
Looking forward to seeing my great with after a few weeks without her!
Maybe I can figure out how to use my new smart phone and post updates on the trip. (Miss my flip phone though)
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Gramps wrote:Leaving around 4 in the morning. Daughter can't go do to work. Staying out of Illinois this trip. I am OK in Texas with the date of issue on my CHL. (Thanks folks!)
Driving 2000 miles gonna take a while but that is ok, done like this a few times before alone. Get to see some of this awesome counties scenery.
Looking forward to seeing my great with after a few weeks without her!
Maybe I can figure out how to use my new smart phone and post updates on the trip. (Miss my flip phone though)
Be careful. The weather sounds like it might be a bit rough.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Weather was great till I hit Tucson! One of the worst if not the worst rain I have ever been in. I hydroplaned once real bad in an AWD CRV but hung on to it. A dude in a big ole pickup crossed sideways both lanes of our side of the highway and ended up in the rocks backwards. He was climbing out his broken back window the last I saw him.
Drove out alone to get the wife who flew out to spend a couple weeks with some old family friends..
Wife and I took a long time coming home. Ate some awesome Cajun food at Prejeans https://prejeans.com/ (Great!!!), Saw the Alamo (Wonderful site!) went to old Tucson (Really want to go back!) went to Tombstone Az (For us nothing but a tourist trap, we only stayed and hr or so) Ate at a K-Bob (phenomenal buffet!) Waded in the Gulf of Mexico (Was kinda cold but what a great time for wife and I) Ate at Shaggy's in Gulf port Miss https://www.facebook.com/shaggysgulfportbeach/ GREAT! Bought shirts for a lot of our friends, stayed at a lot of lower priced motels. All were ok to very good and all were clean.
One time I thought there might be an Issue with our firearms was at a Walmart in Mississippi where we stocked up on fruit, water and got an oil change and gas.
I got out with my main carry on me and the guy from Walmart service center just jumped in to move the car inside. I stopped him and said I had to get somthing out before he drove off. My wife's P32 was in the glove box so I grabbed it and he got a good look. He said that is a little gun, I said yep but better than no gun. All that was said about it as far as I know. Bad mistake but turned out ok and I learned from it :wink:
Was a great trip home with the wife. We have been married over 41 years and this is our first REAL vacation. (my bad :( I work way to much )
We talked almost all the time we were together, even in the rooms watching TV. Brought new life to our marriage and WELL WORTH THE TIME!
I figure with 5000 plus miles out, back and around to sites the CRV got about 1/5 of the Earths circumference driven out, back and in between on it! Every mile I drove with a smile going to see or being with the wife!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <