McDonalds now a gun free zone?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

propertymanager

McDonalds now a gun free zone?

Post by propertymanager »

I was stunned today when I found out that all the McDonalds stores in Chillicothe are now placarded with no gun signs! Has anyone else noticed this in their area? Is this a new corporate policy? I'm thinking of organizing a protest to help alert local gun owners that McDonalds doesn't support their 2nd Amendment rights!
Mike
OFCC Member
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: McDonalds now a gun free zone?

Post by qmti »

propertymanager wrote:I was stunned today when I found out that all the McDonalds stores in Chillicothe are now placarded with no gun signs! Has anyone else noticed this in their area? Is this a new corporate policy? I'm thinking of organizing a protest to help alert local gun owners that McDonalds doesn't support their 2nd Amendment rights!
I would bet that those restaurants are franchises and are privately owned by one individual. The McDonald's along I-75 from Troy to Sidney are owned by one individual. I guess if you own a business you can post it anyway you want.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Since I started working the graveyard shift, I haven't been in many fast food restaurants, but I don't think any of the McDonald's in Rocky River or Lakewood are posted.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I saw one this week that had a big door sticker containing several "No ------" circles with red slashes. Firearms were among the prohibited items, along with pets, smoking, vaping, skateboards, and I don't recall what else.

Does the OFCC store sell Exacto knives?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Interesting that this came up today since I saw a sign at McDs today.
Brian D. wrote:I saw one this week that had a big door sticker containing several "No ------" circles with red slashes. Firearms were among the prohibited items, along with pets, smoking, vaping, skateboards, and I don't recall what else.
This is the sign I saw today at the McDonalds in Columbus on 5th Avenue next to MooMoo Car Wash. This sign was on the door on the south side of the store. I go to this store a lot and had not seen it posted. I then went over to the east side door which I normally use. Different sign/sticker with no mention of firearms.
propertymanager

Post by propertymanager »

Brian D. wrote:I saw one this week that had a big door sticker containing several "No ------" circles with red slashes. Firearms were among the prohibited items, along with pets, smoking, vaping, skateboards, and I don't recall what else
That's exactly the same sign that I saw posted at all the McDonalds stores in Chillicothe.
Mike
OFCC Member
someguy

Post by someguy »

Stringtown rd in Grove City is now posted also. We drove off without a purchase
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:
propertymanager wrote:I was stunned today when I found out that all the McDonalds stores in Chillicothe are now placarded with no gun signs! Has anyone else noticed this in their area? Is this a new corporate policy? I'm thinking of organizing a protest to help alert local gun owners that McDonalds doesn't support their 2nd Amendment rights!
I would bet that those restaurants are franchises and are privately owned by one individual. The McDonald's along I-75 from Troy to Sidney are owned by one individual. I guess if you own a business you can post it anyway you want.
I was in Piqua Ohio today and it was not posted. But did see the mult-sign with other prohibited logos.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

In my area , (Navarre), the local McD are now posting also.
Justashooter noticed the one in Massillon just started posting.

I, and I bet he is also, NOT patronizing them either.

I never stopped there much anyway, except for maybe a coffee. No I go across the street to Dunkin's.......and they got's........ DONUTS !

I don't know why they would not want the most law abiding people patronizing their grease joints, but, hey, what do I know .
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:In my area , (Navarre), the local McD are now posting also.
Justashooter noticed the one in Massillon just started posting.

I, and I bet he is also, NOT patronizing them either.

I never stopped there much anyway, except for maybe a coffee. No I go across the street to Dunkin's.......and they got's........ DONUTS !

I don't know why they would not want the most law abiding people patronizing their grease joints, but, hey, what do I know .
It's to put the soccer moms taking the urchins to McDonald's at ease. Better to have them think they are safe than to make them safe.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Make no mistake there are different versions of those multi-prohibited stuff and things stickers. The McDonald's I'm in right now only lists pets, smoking, and solicitation* as no-nos. Plus, shirts and shoes required, so as usual I took off my pants. :lol:

*Get your mind out of the gutter Schmieg, they meant "no salespeople", nor the OTHER kind of solicitation. :mrgreen:

I guess the types of things prohibited is up to the individual franchisees.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Make no mistake there are different versions of those multi-prohibited stuff and things stickers. The McDonald's I'm in right now only lists pets, smoking, and solicitation* as no-nos. Plus, shirts and shoes required, so as usual I took off my pants. :lol:

*Get your mind out of the gutter Schmieg, they meant "no salespeople", nor the OTHER kind of solicitation. :mrgreen:

I guess the types of things prohibited is up to the individual franchisees.
Actually, they probably meant both, though not intentionally.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
zeko

Post by zeko »

A brief checkout of three McDonald's locations in and around Delaware, Ohio:

North on US 23: Sticker with various prohibitions, firearms not mentioned. Not posted.

West Central Avenue, in Delaware: Sticker with various prohibitions, firearms included. Posted.

South Sandusky Street, in Delaware: No sticker at all. Not posted.

So, it seems up to individual owners or managers.

Zeko
welshj

Post by welshj »

Wauseon Ohio-

Updated with a multi ban sign with firearms- on one out of three doors only...
Had a discussion with the manager about it.

Mentioned the letter of the law, ohio code postings etc....
And that I'd never come back to their store, thank you.

The thing about it- is that they're corporate stickering.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

It's time to introduce legislation that would make businesses which prohibit patrons from defending themselves, monetarily liable for failure to protect in the event of a violent incident from which the victim could have protected himself.

Allow legal concealed carry or shell out for armed security.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.