Some thoughts re: the El Paso Walmart shooting

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Some thoughts re: the El Paso Walmart shooting

Post by AlanM »

1. With all the concealed and open carriers in Texas, why didn't anyone engage that jackwagon.

2. In MY Humble Opinion that jackwagon should be defined as an "unperson" all references to him should be "The El Paso Shooter" or "The El Paso Walmart murderer".
His name should be erased from all records, his fingerprints card/records identified as above, and since he was caught in the act, his name need not be mentioned in court at his trial. Just have the witnesses point and say "That's him."

Currently, (on Fox News at least) his name hasn't been mentioned. Just that he is a 21 year old male.

3. I wonder if he surrendered because he ran out of ammo or his gun jammed.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Some thoughts re: the El Paso Walmart shooting

Post by qmti »

"With all the concealed and open carriers in Texas, why didn't anyone engage that jackwagon."

Same thought I had. And Walmart does not post "no guns". News reports stated some three thousand people were there shopping for back to school items. Three thousand shoppers and no CCW carriers???
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

qmti wrote:"With all the concealed and open carriers in Texas, why didn't anyone engage that jackwagon."

Same thought I had. And Walmart does not post "no guns". News reports stated some three thousand people were there shopping for back to school items. Three thousand shoppers and no CCW carriers???
What's the demographic? Could be mostly people disinclined to own and carry guns, or people actively discouraged from doing so.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

qmti wrote:"With all the concealed and open carriers in Texas, why didn't anyone engage that jackwagon."

The entire shopping area is posted no carry with Texas 30.06 signs, the property management company posts all of their properties.
Plus the mall area is very popular with cross border shoppers so Mexican nationals likely aren't armed.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Need to keep talking about the heroes and victims. One hero here. He was carrying but decided to get the kids to safety first.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/w ... n=sharebar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

He was a black man with a gun, even though he was saving children, I'm surprised he wasn't shot. :roll: I'm glad he wasn't though, he was doing the right thing to save a lot of people and not rush to try to stop the bad guy all by himself.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

FYI: Here's the information on Texas CPZ signs.
Signs - Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 & 30.07 Information Resource
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Dayton, Ohio shooting leaves 9 dead, 26 wounded; suspect shot to death by cops, police say.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10- ... re-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And now we have Dayton, Ohio. Which in this case you don't go out drinking with your sidearm. The fact is our gun rights will be attacked vigorously during the 2020 election cycle.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Don't be too surprised if that attack comes from Trump himself. He already proved he's not for gun owners.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I see more gun laws coming, soon.
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

Scroll down the page and watch the interview with the Hispanic lady. She saw 3-4 shooters in black.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1157781637658292231
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The POTUS will be speaking at 10:00 Monday concerning shootings!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

High Power wrote:Scroll down the page and watch the interview with the Hispanic lady. She saw 3-4 shooters in black.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1157781637658292231
The shooter is in cargo pants in the Walmart security pic's and khaki pant's in the arrest pic's. :? That's odd he had time to change his pant's.
Last edited by steves 50de on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

steves 50de wrote:I see more gun laws coming, soon.
The days of "America's Rifle" (AR15) could possibly be numbered.
High Power

Post by High Power »

qmti wrote:
steves 50de wrote:I see more gun laws coming, soon.
The days of "America's Rifle" (AR15) could possibly be numbered.
They might have a problem of trying to take away all those rifles. Look at the compliance record for the magazine bans in New York and New Jersey.
According to a 2015 report by the trade group, roughly one in 10 guns produced each year is a modern sporting rifle. In raw numbers, American gunmakers produced and imported 8.5 million such rifles between 1990 and 2012, and about one and two million annually every year since.

Do the math and it works out to between 15 and 20 million modern sporting rifles now in circulation.
Americans have purchased almost as many assault rifles as they have Nintendo Switch video game consoles, or copies of the book How To Win Friends And Influence People — successful products that are nonetheless nowhere near household items.

Nonetheless, according to CNN, the AR-15 is now perhaps the most popular single model of rifle in the country. And the overall number of assault-style weapons in the United States is not just an academic matter: the constitutionality of gun bans rests on their historic popularity.
https://www.thetrace.org/2018/09/how-ma ... in-the-us/

The ATF is not talking about how many folks have turned in their bump stocks.
"ATF is not discussing who has or has not abandoned bump stocks to ATF," Jasmine Reed, an ATF spokesperson, told the Washington Free Beacon. "We would enforce any item that meets the definition of ‘machinegun' under Title 27. Since bump-stock-type devices meet this definition it will be enforced as such."
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein