Carrying with a suspended DL

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DaGoodz1313

Carrying with a suspended DL

Post by DaGoodz1313 »

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, but have a question. I got an OVI last week (wasn't carrying at the time, obviously), so my DL is suspended at the moment and in possession of the local PD. What are the rules for carrying with a suspended DL? I have an ID from the VA, would that count as a second form of identification? Or am I not allowed to carry until my DL is restored?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Carrying with a suspended DL

Post by JustaShooter »

With one of the recent changes to the law, you are no longer required to have a 2nd form of ID in addition to your CHL on your person when carrying a concealed handgun. See ORC 2923.126
(A) "...Except as provided in divisions (B) and (C) of this section, a licensee who has been issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in this state if the licensee also carries a valid license when the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed handgun. ..."
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carry on!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome to the forums! With changing laws and ever-decreasing BAL limits, pretty soon if one sniffs a wine cork, you'll be hung out to dry. It used to be 0.12 back when there was 3.2 beer, then .1, now .08 with talk of .05 and that would surely be lowered because there are still drunk drivers because they blow .. :roll: 05001.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Javelin Man wrote:Welcome to the forums! With changing laws and ever-decreasing BAL limits, pretty soon if one sniffs a wine cork, you'll be hung out to dry. It used to be 0.12 back when there was 3.2 beer, then .1, now .08 with talk of .05 and that would surely be lowered because there are still drunk drivers because they blow .. :roll: 05001.
Heck, when I started practicing law, it was .15.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
DaGoodz1313

Post by DaGoodz1313 »

Ök. So I should be ök to keep carrying. This makes me feel better. Thanks all!!

I got the OVI because I was sleeping in my parked truck. Just so happened to be running. Looks like I’ll get the OVI removed, but the DL suspension will probably stand.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

As long as you're not driving, I see no problem. Carry on!! 8)
God made man, Colt made them equal