Any need to renew my PA license ?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Six Shooter

Any need to renew my PA license ?

Post by Six Shooter »

My non-resident PA license expires in July.

I can't think of any reason, to make an 8 hour drive to renew it since PA recognizes the Ohio CHL.

What do you think ?

I didn't bother renewing my FL license either.
Brian D.

Re: Any need to renew my PA license ?

Post by Brian D. »

Only if the Pa. license gives you reciprocity in a state that Ohio doesn't, and you plan on going there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Since PA doesn't add any states, the only reason I'd renew it is if I spent much time in PA - at only $20/year it's cheap insurance against even having to think about the Federal GFSZA.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I let mine lapse for the reason you stated.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Six Shooter

Post by Six Shooter »

JustaShooter wrote:Since PA doesn't add any states, the only reason I'd renew it is if I spent much time in PA - at only $20/year it's cheap insurance against even having to think about the Federal GFSZA.
The school zone thing is something I thought of.

When I'm there... it's just to visit family, go to church, and play golf a couple times a year.

It would cost me 2 tanks of gas and an entire day, for the "chance" of running into the school zone problem.

The only reason I had Florida was for PA (until they stopped recognizing Florida non-resident) and for Georgia.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Six Shooter wrote:The only reason I had Florida was for PA (until they stopped recognizing Florida non-resident) and for Georgia.
I had my Florida license for the same reason (GA). Once Georgia started recognizing Ohio, I let it lapse. And now that Ohio's permit is recognized in just about every state I might find myself (except Illinois and New York, but there's nothing to be done about that) I don't see the need to obtain non-resident permits. I think the school-zone issue is a legitimate consideration but, for me, not one that I'm much concerned about.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.