Taft Theater

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Buckeyedoc

Taft Theater

Post by Buckeyedoc »

Wife and I are headed down to Taft Theater on Thursday. All the posts on here are a bit "dated." Is Taft Theater posted and is there security checks? Not that I'm going to do anything illegal, just wondering. Thanks gang.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Taft Theater

Post by schmieg »

Buckeyedoc wrote:Wife and I are headed down to Taft Theater on Thursday. All the posts on here are a bit "dated." Is Taft Theater posted and is there security checks? Not that I'm going to do anything illegal, just wondering. Thanks gang.
Haven't been there for about two years, but the last time I was there, it was posted.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

My wife and I were there last year. I don't look for signs.

They were haphazardly wanding people going in, but we just walked around the lines of people dutifully waiting to get wanded.

YMMV.

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JEaton wrote:My wife and I were there last year. I don't look for signs.

They were haphazardly wanding people going in, but we just walked around the lines of people dutifully waiting to get wanded.

YMMV.

JLE
A police officer acquaintance gave me a similar report about the Taft Theater a few months back, come to think of it. He tried to use his credentials to change their minds when they walked up to wand him and the wife, but to no avail.

Of course he got no sympathy from me. Think I quoted John McClane: "Welcome to the party pal!"

So the fact that they didn't wand everyone when you were there begs a question, Joe: Were you at the Taft for a...

Kabuki Theater performance? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Brian D. wrote:A police officer acquaintance gave me a similar report about the Taft Theater a few months back, come to think of it. He tried to use his credentials to change their minds when they walked up to wand him and the wife, but to no avail.

Of course he got no sympathy from me. Think I quoted John McClane: "Welcome to the party pal!"
Now HB 228 allows him to carry there no matter what the staff says.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

rickt wrote:
Brian D. wrote:A police officer acquaintance gave me a similar report about the Taft Theater a few months back, come to think of it. He tried to use his credentials to change their minds when they walked up to wand him and the wife, but to no avail.

Now HB 228 allows him to carry there no matter what the staff says.
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for such venues to "get the memo" and change their policies. After all, there's not much enforcement "teeth" in many of our gun laws when it's in "our" favor so to speak.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Don't ask, don't tell!

No they were setup in the middle of the sidewalk outside the doors so we just walked along the building and turned right in the first open door without stopping.

Was the same way at Sawyer Point for the Fireworks years ago. A little social engineering goes a long way, point something out to your companion when you get near them that both of you can turn and look at and just keep going. Most people don't want to interrupt someones conversation and they just go back to as little work as possible.

Sometime I'll have to share how I was able to get me and my son on the private elevator with Gwen Stefani back in the 90's

JLE
Brian D. wrote:
JEaton wrote:My wife and I were there last year. I don't look for signs.

YMMV.

JLE
A police officer acquaintance gave me a similar report about the Taft Theater a few months back, come to think of it. He tried to use his credentials to change their minds when they walked up to wand him and the wife, but to no avail.

So the fact that they didn't wand everyone when you were there begs a question, Joe: Were you at the Taft for a...

Kabuki Theater performance? :lol: