Airport Baggage Claim

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

vmtkac

Airport Baggage Claim

Post by vmtkac »

Does anyone know if it is legal to carry at CMH baggage claim (or anywhere outside the TSA area)? I thought recent law allowed the airport to say it was OK but I can't find anything about whether CMH does. Any info is appreciated.

(also, is there a search option for the entire discussion board?)
vmtkac

Re: Airport Baggage Claim

Post by vmtkac »

I called the airport police and they confirmed that it is OK to carry outside of TSA.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Yes, you may carry your firearm in the NON-SECURE area of the airport pursuant to Ohio law. However, I'm not aware of any airports that don't post "gunbuster" signs at all their doors.

Of course, as you already know, attempting to carry into the TSA checkpoint or any other secure area is prohibited.

As to searching...when you're logged in, the "Search..." box should appear in the upper-right of the forums. It's always been a bit glitchy for me, though. I'd suggest searching the forums indirectly via google using "site:ohioccwforums.org" followed by the search term. In other words, if you wanted to search for "baggage claim", you would type "site:ohioccwforums.org baggage claim" in the google search box.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

sodbuster95 wrote:Yes, you may carry your firearm in the NON-SECURE area of the airport pursuant to Ohio law. However, I'm not aware of any airports that don't post "gunbuster" signs at all their doors.
Cleveland Hopkins does not. However since it's owned and run by the port authority I'm sure they'd say that signs or no signs they are a government facility and off limits anyway. There's nothing in Ohio law that expressly allows one to carry in the non-secure area of an airport, unfortunately.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

I'm afraid that no matter how many calls you make... even if the Pope tells you you're OK... if its posted, you get toasted... right?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

gaptrick wrote:...if it's posted, you get toasted... right?
Well put! :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.