Solicitation

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Solicitation

Post by qmti »

Received in the mail today a letter from my county sheriff encouraging me to support the Buckeye State Sheriff Association with a donation. If I remember right didn't they oppose concealed carry for Ohioans and still do?
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Solicitation

Post by rickt »

If memory serves, they opposed the removal of notification last session. When the bill was modified to retain notification but lower the penalty to a minor misdemeanor, they changed their position from "opposed" to "neutral".
M-Quigley

Re: Solicitation

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote:Received in the mail today a letter from my county sheriff encouraging me to support the Buckeye State Sheriff Association with a donation. If I remember right didn't they oppose concealed carry for Ohioans and still do?
If I recall correctly back at the time of licensed carry in Ohio being debated, it was the OSHP and the FOP that was opposed, not the Buckeye State Sheriff's association. The county Sheriff's offices were going to be the recipients of the money for licensing however, perhaps that was a factor in their decision. In addition Sheriff's are elected, not appointed by some anti gun mayor like some police chiefs.